Grand View University aspires to serve a diverse community of learners- students, faculty, and staff- in an inclusive and equitable environment with the goal of empowering all to achieve their fullest potential. Our objective is to sustain a campus environment that is free from the power imbalances and institutional biases that contribute to systems of oppression, while preparing our students to stand against those inequities when they leave Grand View.
Grand View University is dedicated to the goal of an inclusive campus where people of diverse identities feel welcomed and empowered to shape our culture and processes. At Grand View University we view diversity through the collective or group and we welcome and affirm the thoughts and experiences each distinct member brings to our community of learners.
To learn more about Grand View’s commitment to diversity, and to read our entire Diversity Statement, click on this link: https://www.grandview.edu/about/diversity
General Purpose of Job:
The Vice President for Administration & Finance, the University’s Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for the management of financial and administrative affairs including the Business Office, Human Resources, Bookstore & Campus Services, Facilities, property acquisition, construction and risk management. A member of the President’s Council, the Vice President for Administration & Finance reports to the President and has a leadership role in the University’s strategic planning process as well as organizational and procedural analysis and execution.
Essential Functions of Job:
All of the following functions shall be conducted in collaboration with and under the direction of the President of the University:
- Manage Grand View’s finances (operating and capital budgets, endowment investments, capital expenditures, short-term and long-term debt, financial forecasting, etc.) in such a manner as to strengthen the University’s fiscal position.
- Oversee the Business Offices functions (accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit functions, cash management, etc.) to maintain fiscal strength, efficiency, and high customer service.
- Oversee and manage all Human Resources functions, including personnel policies, compensation administration and employee benefits, to support the attraction and retention of a high-quality faculty and staff.
- Oversee and manage the Facilities functions, including maintenance of all campus buildings, grounds, and custodial to support the needs of campus and attract prospective students, faculty, and staff to the University.
- Oversee and manage all capital improvement and purchasing projects (construction, renovations, acquisition of property, furnishings and equipment) and the purchasing of goods and services needed to support the operations of the University.
- Supervise and develop the staffs of the Bookstore and Campus Services functions to provide essential services to students, faculty, and staff while also generating positive net returns.
- Oversee the management of outsourced services (food service, security, student health services, janitorial/housekeeping), which may be in coordination with other senior management.
- Direct all risk management efforts, including enterprise risk management, the purchase of insurance products, work with legal counsel, and general adherence to policies, laws, and regulatory requirements. Execute, coordinate, store/organize, and administer all contracts as necessary.
- Support the President in the University’s strategic planning process and play an active role in implementing strategic initiatives. Under the direction of the President, actively participate with senior management in the leadership of the University.
- Provide primary staff support for the Finance and Audit Committees of the Board of Trustees as well as the Investment Sub-Committee. Assist in supporting general Board of Trustees operations and the Compensation Committee.
- In collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, serve as the Title IX Officer for the University.
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by the President.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Master's degree in applicable field or CPA preferred.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration required; or bachelor's degree in another field plus equivalent accounting or business experience required.
Experience in higher education finance and administration; or executive-level financial management experience.
All applicants must apply through our online application system: Vice President for Administration and Finance - Careers At Grand View University (hrmdirect.com)
Grand View University is an equal opportunity employer. The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates, including women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.
A pre-employment background check is required.