ERP Systems Specialist
Salem Academy and College invites applications for the ERP Systems Specialist. The job reports to the Director of Technology Services.
About Salem Academy and College Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country. Since 1772, the institution has engaged in transformational change to innovate women’s education. Founded with the mission of making education accessible to all, Salem has a rich 250-year-old history and a long-standing track record of educating students who are prepared to make a bold impact locally, nationally and globally through liberal arts education. Our graduates are committed to making the world a better, healthier and more equitable place. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of health leaders.
Salem College has more than 40 full-time faculty and over 150 staff members who support approximately 500 students including full-time undergraduates, part-time students and graduate programs. Salem recently received the largest philanthropic gift in its history with a $5M anonymous donation focused on enabling our health leadership transformation as well as a $3.6M estate gift to support the College. Salem completed its 250th-anniversary campaign this year exceeding a $12.5M goal.
U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023 Rankings, ranked Salem College No. 1 among all National Liberal Arts Colleges in America as a Top Performer on Social Mobility. Our institution has rapidly moved up the national ranking for Social Mobility, from No. 10 in 2020 and No. 4 in 2021 to No. 1 in 2022. Salem College is also ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 2 National Liberal Arts College in North Carolina. Salem has been ranked among the top three National Liberal Arts Colleges in North Carolina for the past seven years. In addition, Salem College was ranked 6th in the nation for college affordability last year.
Salem College is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known as the “City of Arts and Innovation". Winston-Salem is a lively academic community, home to six institutions of higher education and more than 26,000 students. Winston Salem has a collaborative and engaged academic community with strong private and public schools, excellent healthcare systems, and affordable housing. The Winston-Salem area also offers a rich variety of cultural opportunities and has a vibrant art and restaurant scene. Within a few hours of campus are mountains for skiing, camping, or hiking; rivers for whitewater rafting; and the beautiful ports and beaches of North and South Carolina.
The ERP Systems Specialist works with Salem Technology staff, Salem stakeholders, and third-party partners to design, develop, implement, and support the organization’s enterprise applications. The ERP Specialist reports to the Director of Technology Services and serves as the lead technical member of an applications team that includes an Applications Integration Specialist and a part-time ERP Analyst.
Salem’s ERP Systems Specialist is responsible for Salem’s student information systems and works with the Applications Specialist to ensure integration and support of financial aid and fis, admissions systems, and other ERP services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ERP Systems Specialist’s key duties and responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Enterprise Application Support:
- Provides ERP applications technical support, troubleshooting, and problem resolution and resolve ERP support tickets related to end-user requests. Ensures issues are resolved and properly documented in a timely manner. Troubleshoots application and database issues and provides data issues research assistance as needed. Evaluates issues and engages vendor or other support as needed. Oversees server and end-user enterprise application infrastructure. Oversees the Student Information System (SIS) and other enterprise application patching and release schedule in collaboration with vendors and stakeholders.
- ERP Architectural Design and Implementation
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, internal Integration Specialist, and vendors to design and implement new or optimized enterprise applications. Develops and maintains technical architecture documentation. Works with external agencies, independent contractors, vendors, and organizations on technology services, applications, and/or data requirements. Applies systems development lifecycle and project management techniques. Coordinates and implements data conversions and transitions from old to new systems as needed. Oversees enterprise applications testing as needed.
- ERP Database Management
- Maintains internal enterprise applications database servers. Monitors database configuration and log files and takes preventive and/or corrective actions as needed. Performs periodic database backup and restore testing. Resolves database issues, installs updates, and leads testing with departments. With the Integration Specialist and part-time ERP Analyst, and with users, develops periodic specialized reports.
- Oversight of ERP Applications Integration Development
- Oversees integration of internal and cloud-based enterprise applications. Work with Integration Specialist to ensure integrations are developed according to appropriate standards and are both functional and resilient. Oversees creation, automation, and maintenance of integrations using batch and/or API processes as required. Oversees integration development activities and testing as needed.
- Strong SQL development skills required (T-SQL, PL-SQL, etc. acceptable). MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, or Postgres experience required. 3+ years supporting ERP environments required; Experience with higher education ERP systems such as Banner, PowerCampus, Jenzabar, or Workday preferred. 3+ years of database management experience or equivalent education required. Experience in integration of applications using API’s required. Experience with MSSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio, or similar toolsets required. MS-Office 365, especially Excel, required. Strong verbal and written communications skills required. Experience with applications integration platforms such as Constituo, MuleSoft, Boomi, Ellucian Ethos, or other platform strongly preferred. Python skills preferred. Higher education experience preferred. Familiarity with third-party payment platforms a plus. Familiarity with third party higher education app integrations such as Slate Admissions/CRM portal a plus.
While performing the responsibilities of the ERP Systems Specialist, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualification to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.