CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistance Vice President is responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the Technical Education Unit. The area includes degrees and certificates in a variety of technical areas. This position is responsible for all matters relating to instruction, finances, personnel, and the equitable operations of career/technical programs to ensure high quality programs of instruction. The position is an integral part of the AVP team, which works together to uphold the mission and vision of the institution through innovation and cooperation between are areas of campus. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs (VPASA).
The Assistant Vice President manages employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit in accordance with the institution’s policies and applicable laws. This position is responsible for all employees in Technical Education including all grant-funded projects when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With advice and input from senior level administrators and the AVP team, develops basic objectives, policies, and operating plans to align with the institution’s strategic objectives;
- Assists the VPASA with the development and implementation of equitable and inclusive policies and procedures that affect instruction across all service areas;
- Oversees and guides the unit directors;
- Serves as education/support function leader for the unit;
- Develops operating and capital expenditure budgets and priorities for the unit;
- Ensures ENMU-Roswell policies are uniformly and equitably understood, interpreted, and administered by faculty and staff within the unit
- Assesses and analyzes operating results of the unit relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Evaluates faculty and staff in accordance with ENMU-Roswell policies
- Oversees screening and hiring procedures for faculty and staff;
- Promotes effective communication within the unit and across other areas of campus;
- Leads/facilitates curriculum development and textbook adoption according to adopted policies;
- Approves class schedules;
- Assists in maintaining advisory committees,
- Oversees internal and external fiscal accounting for the service area including budget requests, fund allocation and approvals, and supervision of fiscal records;
- Provides leadership related to Federal State, and/or accreditation regulations for those programs requiring accreditation and ensure programs not only remain in compliance but also pursue excellence;
- Prescribes the specific limitation of the authority of subordinates regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures and personnel actions, and reviews and approves the appointment, employment or termination, in consultation with the VPASA and President, of all key faculty and staff in the unit in accordance with ENMU-Roswell’s policies and procedures;
- Serves on other institutional committees as appointed or elected;
- Represents the institution as appropriate and communicates with the community to promote ENMU Roswell and its programs to the community and participate in community affairs;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This section describes what knowledge, skills, and abilities an employee in this position should currently possess. This list may not be complete for all knowledge skills and abilities required for this position.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate ideas, problems, and instructions (written and oral) with ENMU Roswell faculty, staff, and administration as well as with community and accreditation partners.
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate data, recommend and implement courses of action that would improve the function of the university
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Knowledge of strategic planning and both short- and long-term goal implementation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Three years teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience working with various technical programs.
- Experience working with diverse groups including low-income, first generation, minority students.
- Experience working in a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI)
- Experience working with grants
Please apply at www.roswell.enmu.edu