Adjunct Faculty - Secondary Subject Matter Education:
Mathematics, Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art
and Mathematics (STEAM)
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University
has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community
engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently
recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in
the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for
Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the
Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the
New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of Science, Technology,
Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Movement Education (STEAM) is
searching for qualified and experienced adjuncts in the area of
and related areas .
All positions require
availability during the regular school day.
The appointment consists of, but is not limited to teaching a broad
range of courses that include online, face-to-face, or hybrid
courses and supervision of teacher candidates.
successful candidate will demonstrate a constructivist-based
theoretical framework centered on a philosophy that is grounded in
- Master's or doctoral degree in Mathematics, Education and/or
related area from an accredited institution of higher education in
a field at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for teachers
- A minimum of 3 years of successful mathematics teaching in 6-12
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement,
social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to
collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity,
scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and
respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with P-12 schools
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of
the College of Education
- Experience with the Danielson Framework
- Experience with performance assessment measures.
- Experience teaching in postsecondary settings
Applications will be reviewed as
Questions regarding this position can be directed
to Robert Wieman, email@example.com.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant
All applications should include:
- a letter of application, which includes a description of
research, teaching philosophy, and interests
- curriculum vita graduate transcripts.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work
visa for this position.
Aug 10 2023 Eastern Daylight Time