DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please go to
University Profile for more information about DePauw.
DePauw University is launching a project which
will modernize DePauw's enterprise software environment with a move
to the Workday platform in multiple phases over the next 2-4 years.
The project includes both IT systems and the related work processes
and is a key step in the University's strategic plan to transform
DePauw into a Flourishing University that runs on efficient and
effective business processes, is informed by accurate data
analytics and reporting, and fosters an exemplary student
About the Position:
Reporting to the Chief Information
Officer, the Director of Institutional Reporting and Analytics is a
strategic partner in institutional planning and decision-making
across key areas of the college. Types of responsibilities include
areas such as leading the university's efforts to collect and
analyze institutionally important data that inform institutional
priorities, strengthening data governance processes, providing data
and analysis to describe the college to internal and external
audiences and ensure compliance with regulatory data reporting and
data exchanges with peers, partnering with campus leaders to expand
our capacity to make data-informed decisions in all areas of the
university, and others. The person in this role will serve as a
core partner in the university's new ERP implementation in its
focus around data reporting and analytics.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Partner with college leaders to collect and analyze
institutionally important data that inform institutional priorities
across academic departments, institutional recruitment, financial
management, and other areas of the university
- Provide data and analysis to describe the college to internal
and external audiences and ensure compliance with mandatory data
reporting and data exchanges with peers
- Support institutional research and teaching assessment by
assisting with course evaluations and other internal and external
- Provide academic units with critical institutional information
for self-studies and department reviews
- Work with campus partners to provide data related to student
outcomes and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Build up consistent and repeatable data analyses for units
- Serve as a key partner in the transition to Workday Finance,
Human Capital Management and Student
- Co-lead data governance processes with the Chief Information
Officer and other members of the Information Services team
- Provide consulting support and advice about survey construction
for research across the university
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO. This job description is
not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other
related duties to meet evolving and ongoing needs of the department
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for their actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Active Listening -- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills - The ability of the individual to gather raw
data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
- Autonomy - The ability of the individual to complete assigned
tasks with little oversight.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and
feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or
scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of
different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from
campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences
related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity,
religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Interpersonal - Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic,
objective, and critical investigation.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical
topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Excellent judgment in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility in working with
faculty, staff, and students
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or
university required, Master's Degree or Doctorate in a related
discipline strongly preferred.
Minimum of three to seven years related
experience. Professional experience in higher education
administration, business intelligence, institutional research,
enrollment services or student records preferred.
Structured Query Language, descriptive and inferential statistics,
education measurement, education policy
- Experience with data reporting and/or visualization tools such
as Tableau, Microsoft BI, R,or similar applications
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages to extract
and analyze data
- Experience with querying a relational database management
system such as SQL or Oracle
- Experience with querying Workday or other enterprise data
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office product and/or Google
Workspace tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google
- Experience in producing reports and presentations from multiple
- Advanced knowledge of data management, analysis, and reporting
methods and techniques
- Ability to collaborate effectively in an environment committed
to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Experience in higher education, specifically in the liberal
- Professional experience in preparing and submitting regulatory
data collections and reports to IPEDS, state, and other regulatory
- Experience with PCI, HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA and other compliance
- Experience administering university enrollment censuses
Strong: Ability to read, analyze,
and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common
inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and