Position Title: Program Manager – Online Heroes MAKE America
Department: WIT-Curriculum and Instruction
Advertised Pay: mid $50,000's
Campus Location: Washburn Tech
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by August 24, 2023
Position Summary: The Program Manager - Online Heroes MAKE
America (HMA) Logistics Program supports the day-to-day operations
and maintenance of the Heroes online logistics training program
• Serve as the administrator of Heroes Make America Program at
Washburn Tech for activities including class recruitment, course
syllabus oversight, collaboration on cohort events, tour
coordination, data collection, partner relationship management and
• Serve as liaison for program partners including the Manufacturing
Institute (MI), U.S. Army Soldier for Life Transition Assistance
Program, regional installation transition programs, community,
education, and industry partners.
• Meet overall program objectives, goals, and requirements which
include coordination of candidate recruitment, applicant screening,
placement support and data tracking.
• Participate at all regional installation transition events to
recruit candidates into HMA training classes.
• Organize information sessions to raise program visibility on the
installation to build interest and maximize future
• Responsible for enrollment/grant paperwork and Commander
approvals for participants.
• Collaborate with appropriate partners to execute quarterly Heroes
networking events with program Sponsors and community partners to
facilitate introductions between participants and hiring
• Oversee and track HMA student interview process and placement
with industry and program partners.
• Attend weekly virtual Heroes Connect events with participants to
ensure direct engagement with manufacturers that are hiring.
• Attend regional plant tours as necessary.
• Collaborate with course instructor(s) to monitor attendance and
ensure that all training policies and procedures are followed and
that the class syllabus and calendar are current.
• Implement career week in coordination with the local community
partner organizations and Washburn University Institute of
• Prepare weekly reports for the HMA liaison.
• Communicate to Washburn University Institute of Technology and
the MI liaison any program policies or procedures impacting desired
• Directly engage the Washburn University Institute of Technology
with all industry and community relationships and sponsorship
• Manage Heroes Alumni success stories to report to the MI
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
At least three years of proven experience as a program manager or
Experience working with/on military installations
Demonstrated experience developing and implementing
Proven knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
Proven ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary
Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication,
time-management, organizational and detail-oriented skills
Proven proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Experience working on social media platforms
Experience with the remote work environment