Learning Support Specialist II
Learning Support Specialist II
Texas A&M International University
ACE - Academic Support
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Learning Support Specialist II, under general supervision,
works in close collaboration with faculty and staff to provide
exceptional support services across learning spaces, with a
particular emphasis on assisting in maximizing the effectiveness of
a variety of learning systems. Serves as an advocate for the
integration of innovative technology and the advancement of the
efficiency and effectiveness of the learning environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets students and go over their assignments in applicable
- Discuss with students specific topics or subject areas that
warrant further exploration.
- Review assignments and test scores, and work through problems
- Provides study aids to assist.
- May provide input into program rules and
- May recommend suggestions to improve program.
- Lead supplemental instruction study sessions and attend
- Facilitate learning of course material.
- Model effective learning and study strategies for content
- Arrange and keep work hours
- Communicate and meet regularly with assigned course faculty and
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with assigned
- Maintain confidential records.
- Prepare reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Train and mentor Supplemental Instructors (SI) on key concepts
that must be covered in each course.
- Demonstrate academic best practices for specific subjects and
assignments, including writing research papers, giving
presentations, developing study habits, managing test anxieties,
and organizing class notes.
- Communicate closely with faculty and tutors on student issues
and academic matters.
- Identify and conduct targeted intervention for at-risk
- Collect, track, and monitor data on student progress and
generate regular reports for the deans.
- Develop and distribute handouts and study notes for
traditionally challenging courses.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience - Two years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced degree in the related field of support
- Experience in tutoring, teaching, working with college
- Experience working with at-risk adults
- Experience working with freshmen through senior
- Experience in clinical practices for related majors
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent customer service and time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Present information clearly and concisely.
- Work independently and as part of a diverse team.
Licensing / Professional Certification -
- Instructional best practices and assessment of learning
- Skilled data collection and analysis
- Strong communication with professors and staff
- Strong leadership dispositions in monitoring SI
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information,
- Unofficial transcripts
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Learning-Support-Specialist-II_R-064648