The Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Advancement Communications leads the newly combined teams of fourteen full-time employees to focus on alumni engagement and advancement messaging for all constituencies. Key leadership and vision priorities include: evaluating and implementing alumni programming, centralized messaging with maximization of all channels, and actively attracting our 140,000 alumni to engage with UNC Greensboro through marketing and digital engagement platforms. The position also oversees annual giving activities, including digital strategy, marketing, crowdsourced fundraising, online give days, direct mail, etc. The Executive Director will focus on framing the UNC Greensboro story and message and creating opportunities that connect current students to our alumni and our alumni back to campus. This position sits on the leadership team of the University Advancement division and reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement.
- Leading the combined team to maximize alumni engagement efforts (50%)
- Creating Vision for Alumni Team (35%)
- Advancement Communications (15%)
- Bachelor’s Degree and fifteen years of progressive experience in Advancement, Alumni Engagement, Communications, Donor Engagement, Customer Relations, or related fields.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a university setting
- 5+ years of management experience; ability and interest in managing, developing, motivating, and mentoring staff.
- Experience working with Board/Volunteers.
- Experience working and tracking activity in a CRM.