This position will work with all childcare center teachers to
create a warm and caring environment for young children meeting the
social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of each
- Supervises all activities indoors and out in order to ensure
the safety and the well-being of each child.
- Communicates with parents regarding their child’s activities
during the day.
- Resolves problems or concerns that may arise with children or
parents in conjunction with the teachers and Director.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment and materials and
ensures the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom and common
- Interacts with children in a warm, nurturing way while
providing an appropriate adult role model.
- Models, articulates, and encourages cooperative behavior among
- Changes diapers and clothing following center protocol.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Maintain high degree of organizational skills with the ability
to multi-task and shift priorities and deadlines frequently.
- Ability to teach in a team atmosphere with high energy,
flexibility, and patience.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Ability to communicate well with children, parents, and
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree with at least nine credits in
early childhood education/development preferred.
- Must have CPR and First Aid training or be willing to obtain
- Experience with infants, toddlers, and pre-school, kindergarten
and/or elementary school age children required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with infants and young
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and
will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, lift children in carriers
and push/pull heavy strollers and wagons as well as stoop, kneel,
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Successfully complete additional components required for DHHS,
Childcare Licensing Unit: Upon hire and renewed every 5 years (age
restrictions may apply).