Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Administrative Assistant MBB
Provide administrative office support to the Head Coach, Assistant
Coaches. and Director of Basketball Operations. Responsible for
compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain calendars for all administrative members of the
office, including the Head Coach. Schedule media requests through
Athletic Media Relations, schedule on and off campus meetings, and
field phone call and email requests for head coach
- Perform intermediate and advanced computer functions including
managing databases, creating, analyzing, integrating, and importing
linked spreadsheets, creating mail, envelope, and table merges,
creating and editing captions, adding graphics, editing images,
footnotes, endnotes, indices, tables of content, creating master
documents and reports using information from several sources; and
use Photoshop and InDesign for flyers, invitations, and
- Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas
or persons. Sort, open, distribute, and route incoming mail and
prepare outgoing mail.
- May be responsible for the accuracy, maintenance, and
reconciliation of financial accounts, processing of payments,
transmittal reports, billing, data entry to accounts payable
system, and monitor budgets and other financial activities. Order
and maintain the inventory for all office supplies.
- Assist basketball staff with all travel related aspects of the
program. Assist with the coordination of coach travel, team travel,
and official visit travel, including flights, buses, and car
rentals. Assist with the preparation for charter flights that
include administrators, Dominicans, and donors.
- Prepare and maintain records, files and databases some of which
may be confidential. (5%)
- May, with supervision, organize and coordinate special projects
including presentations, education programs, and special
Education and Experience Required
- May serve as internal resource on departmental administrative
- Perform all other duties as may be required
- High School education or equivalent.
- Minimum of3 to five years of related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing and database systems
- Ability to communicate effectively by verbally and in
- Excellent organizational and communications skills also
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize
assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sitting in a nonnal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or ann(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or ann(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within nonnal range
- Ability to move about
17 (Min. $37,019/Mid. $48,125/Max. $59,231)
Employees are normally hired between the minimum and the
midpoint of a position’s grade range to which a position has been
assigned, depending on experience and
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter