Here is how the Workforce Development Specialist will help:
- Act as a bridge between industry partners/programs to connect the Airport Authority to broader workforce development activities throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
- Strengthen existing relationships and establish new relationships with organizations throughout the region to increase diverse representation in the talent pipeline.
- Facilitate the alignment between skill attainment and workforce needs by partnering with K-12, higher education, technical, and community-based training programs.
- Showcase and promote the Airport Authority as an Employer of Choice in the region.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleges, universities, community-based training programs, and faith-based organizations to strengthen the talent pipeline.
- Conduct outreach and partnership activities for engagement and relationship building with regional workforce development initiatives.
- Ensure representation at networking event, career days, STEM/Aviation days, and career fairs.
- Manage relationships with key resources and community organizations to enhance visibility of the Airport Authority in the region.
- Facilitate and expand the Airport Authority’s career pathways, and exploration programs such as Ready for Takeoff/Getting Ready for Takeoff.
- Support the development and implementation of the Workforce Collaborative at the Airport.
- Work closely with marketing/communications team to develop messaging and material which supports the Authority’s workforce development framework.
- Administer and maintain weekly report on N91 Workforce Development activities.
- Attend reoccurring meetings as needed to advance the workforce development at the Airport Authority.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate for the role of Workforce Development Specialist will demonstrate the following key competencies needed in our culture:
- Communication - Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking - Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team, and organizational goals
- Team Builder - Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity - Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
Requirements to apply for the role of Workforce Development Specialist are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services. business administration, education, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience in workforce development.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.