The Department of Health Professions at Metropolitan State
University (MSU Denver) is an academic unit consisting of
undergraduate and graduate education and includes the master of
health administration, bachelor of science in health care
management program, bachelor of science in health care professional
services program, bachelor of science in health care information
services program, aging services, bachelor of science integrative
health care program, bachelor of science lifestyle medicine
program, and bachelor of arts public health care program.
The Field Education Coordinator (FEC) works within the Department
of Health Professions in field placement management. The FEC
advises and coordinates field education for current students
enrolled in the Department of Health Professions. The FEC is
responsible for the coordination of field services, including
communication with faculty, industry partners, students, and staff.
In addition, the FEC is responsible for the assessment of field
related activities. The FEC will be responsible for developing and
implementing processes to support the administrative functioning of
field related services. This position must be able to work in a
fast-paced and dynamic environment and must have a strong ability
to multi-task with a commitment to professional development and
ability to adapt to meet the needs of the Department of Health
Professions. The FEC provides leadership in creating an inclusive
environment for a diverse student body and integrates these efforts
into advising services. The activities performed by the FEC are
central to increasing student enrollment, retention, persistence,
and graduation rates of MSU Denver students while enhancing the
student experience and increasing access to higher education,
thereby, advancing the mission of MSU Denver, the College of Health
and Human Sciences, and the Department of Health Professions.
Data and Resource Management - 40%
- The position will collaborate with stakeholders to develop
processes, forms, and materials for incoming and current
- The position will manage the maintenance and inputting of
student placement and field agency information utilizing
computerized databases, spreadsheets, and online applications daily
to provide accurate, current information. This includes all
attestations and requirements (immunizations, background, and drug
- The position will generate reports to ensure the accuracy of
data and to avoid duplication.
- This position will manage requests for data and produce reports
and data to summarize and represent the work with students and
agencies in the field.
- The position will manage and develop the collection of semester
field evaluations and submission of assessment data.
- The position will develop and maintain field resources for
- The position is responsible for developing and coordinating
processes and procedures regarding contracts between MSU Denver and
- The position will provide supervision to student workers to
assist with the administrative tasks related to field
- This position will collaborate with faculty and staff to assess
resource needs, provide relocation recommendation, and inform
recommendations to the Chair.
- This position will track and manage field office
Communication and Outreach - 35%
- The position will provide general field advising to students on
program requirements and the field placement search process.
- The position will provide support to and collaborate with the
faculty, to meet with students, assist in assessing learning needs,
and match students to appropriate field placement. The FEC is
responsible for follow up until successful confirmation of
- The position will develop and maintain communication processes
and program materials for stakeholders.
- The position will collaborate with faculty and other
stakeholders to support the recruitment and retention of industry
partners and highlight the work of the Department both internally
- The position will coordinate and collaborate with faculty to
conduct site visits with industry partners and participate in
familiarizing them with the department and University policy.
- The position will support the development and implementation of
monthly outreach efforts to effectively aid in the retention of
students and strengthen the relationships with industry
- The position will communicate field education program events,
policies, and procedures to community contacts and students.
- The position will serve as an information resource to faculty
and staff concerning placement information.
- The position will represent the Department of Health
Professions at University and community events.
- The position will coordinate with faculty and staff to ensure
accurate field information is provided to students.
Event Coordination - 20%
- The position will market and manage all logistical details of
field related meetings and events including, but not limited to
student and industry orientations, field meetings, and faculty
Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- This position will serve on Department committees as
- This position may need to support other areas of the Department
of Health Professions based on need, including providing
Successful applicants will clearly articulate how each required
qualification is met within their resume or cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience providing administrative support
- Demonstrated proficiency with a range of technologies and
applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite
(Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and web-based database
Salary for Announcement
- 2+ years of providing administrative support in a professional
- 1+ years of experience working with and supporting external
- 1+ years of experience working within an academic unit
- 1+ years of experience working in myclinicalexchange or related
- 1+ year of experience with event planning and management
- 1+ years of experience with website edit/design software
- 1+ years of experience with developing marketing materials
- 1+ years of experience working in Banner or related database
- Experience or knowledge of record keeping of expenditures
and/or budget management
- Experience working with data and generating reports
The full salary range for this position is $ 41,200 - $61,800; the
anticipated hiring range is $48,000 - $55,000. The salary of the
finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of
factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience,
training, and qualifications.
MSU Denver offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental,
retirement, tuition benefit, RTD pass, and more. For a brief
overview of these options, please visit our Benefits section.
Instructions to Apply
This position is open until filled. Please apply through MSU Denver Careers
, and search for JR101332.
Internal applicants must apply through their MSU Denver Workday
profile by selecting the Career tab within the Menu and searching
Applications that do not include the following required documents
may not receive full consideration:
2. Cover letter
3. References. Names and contact information for three professional
references (at least one reference provided must be a supervisor,
either current or former)
Upload all materials into the resume submission field; multiple
documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively,
merge all documents into one PDF for submission.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and