24-14 Executive Director of Graduate Admissions (Manager 200)
Join a vibrant equity-minded campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. The Graduate School team invites applicants for the position of Executive Director of Graduate Admissions.
West Chester University, a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, is a public, comprehensive institution committed to offering high-quality undergraduate education, selected post-baccalaureate and graduate programs, and a variety of educational and cultural resources for its students, alumni, and citizens of southeastern Pennsylvania. We are a community of educators dedicated to developing graduates who succeed personally and professionally and contribute to the common good.
WCU proudly offers a positive and purposeful work environment; comprehensive employee benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance along with many wellness programs; a commitment to work-life balance including generous paid vacation, paid sick time, military leave and paid time off for most major holidays; and a University mission to support employee personal and professional growth including a tuition waiver for self and family members, training and development, and advancement opportunities.
The mission of the Graduate School at WCU is to provide leadership to facilitate high quality graduate education that accommodates the needs of a diverse community of learners seeking academic advancement, career expansion and change, community engagement, and research expertise while also balancing the demands of every-day life. The Graduate School at WCU provides personalized support for the graduate student experience from admission to graduation that is flexible and responsive to our students and to the needs of the larger community.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice President of University Admissions and working closely with the Dean of the Graduate School, the Executive Director of Graduate Admissions manages all aspects of graduate admissions operations within The Graduate School (TGS). This position serves as a key member of The Graduate School leadership team and has a high level of autonomy and accountability. The individual will also mentor, develop, and supervise the Graduate School Admissions team members while directing daily workflow and managing the operational graduate admissions budget. The incumbent maintains collaborative relationships with all TGS partners and supports overall strategic enrollment efforts of The Graduate School and the University.
The ideal candidate’s strong track record of collaboration and innovation will be beneficial to the modernization of the graduate admission process. The individual will leverage their experience, expertise, and established industry knowledge in graduate admissions, marketing, enrollment systems, and change management in higher education to the graduate admissions process. This person will supervise and serve as a mentor to the office staff. The incumbent will occasionally work some evenings and/or weekends.
Graduate Admission Operation Management
- Develop a flexible, coherent, and unified recruitment plan for The Graduate School to maximize the breadth and quality of the graduate student applicant pool and to recruit an increasingly diverse and talented student body.
- Regularly research and analyze graduate student data and best practices specific to each graduate program to provide demographical insight on current and incoming students to administration and faculty.
- Provide strategic oversight of all graduate admissions systems and further enhance the utilization of The Graduate School CRM, Slate, to ensure all system functionality is being leveraged to assist with the recruitment and enrollment of graduate students.
- Implement and manage marketing efforts for the Graduate School and report on effectiveness and ROI to the Senior Associate Vice President of University Admissions, Dean of Graduate School, members of the University Communications and Marketing team, and appropriate Graduate School stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Enrollment Communications to inform a comprehensive communication strategy that conveys to WCU's target student population relevant information regarding admissions and applications processes which includes the development of promotional materials to ensure recruitment reflects a competitive environment.
- Work with the Dean of Graduate School to cultivate relationships with strategic undergraduate institutions, professional organizations, employers, alumni and WCU stakeholders to generate a sustained applicant pool to WCU graduate programs.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day functions of the graduate admissions operations, including developing and tracking graduate student admissions key performance indicators.
- Work closely with Graduate Coordinators to ensure the ongoing review of all graduate applications and timely decision making. Initiate effective follow-up activities to result in a better yield from point of acceptance to enrollment. Ensure new student graduate enrollment data is accurate across multiple university systems.
- Collaborate with division staff and other University stakeholders to ensure that admission practices and curricular decisions are aligned.
- Mentor, develop, supervise, evaluate, and support professional staff. Initiate cross-training within the unit.
- Monitor functional processes and staff utilization to operate the office within the allocated operating and personnel budgets.
- Analyze business practices and implement enhancements to improve services.
- Collaborate with leaders from other enrollment service areas to ensure a student-centered service approach.
- Participate in campus committees as assigned by the Senior Associate Vice President or Dean of the Graduate School.
- Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in university admissions, recruitment, and/or enrollment management.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally, and present dynamically to a variety of constituents.
- Experience using student enrollment management systems.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with graduate student populations; and/or
- Experience working with a university marketing team to develop marketing strategies to increase lead generation for graduate learners; and/or
- Knowledge of the Slate CRM system; and/or
- Experience supervising office staff.
Possibility of working remote is available.
Salary range between $105,533 and $116,086 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Excellent benefits package including undergraduate tuition fee waiver for self and dependents.
Candidates should apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/wcupa/jobs/4152049/24-14-executive-director-of-graduate-admissions-manager-200?keywords=&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Required Documents for Consideration
To be considered an applicant for the position, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- List of three references with contact information (Include position title, phone number, and email address).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To be considered a finalist, applicants must successfully complete the application and interview process.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.