University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Technology Support Specialist
Position Number: 00033825
Salary Shown to Applicants (Hiring Range): $45,000-$50,000
ITS Educational Technologies (EdTech) provides instructional technology applications and integration to support the University’s academic mission. The division includes: Classroom Support & Learning Space Design, Educational Technologies Systems & Services, and Liaison to the Center for Faculty Excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
The Classroom Hotline is responsible for the technology in more than 200 classrooms across campus. Our group designs, installs, supports and life-cycles these spaces on a daily basis. The preferred candidate for this position (Classroom Consultant, Tier 1) will not only have outstanding customer service skills, but will also have a solid working knowledge of classroom audio video equipment, including how systems are built, how they interact and how to complete basic trouble shooting, both remotely and in person under often time high stress situations (in the middle of a class with 300+ students). The position will be in the Tier 1 group, which involves answering phone calls from instructors, conducting room demonstrations/training, trouble-shooting technical audio-video problems (both remotely and on-site), and equipment repair/installation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The candidate for this position will have a working knowledge of audio visual equipment and technology and basic trouble-shooting skills in the AV field. Basic AV installation experience is required. Proficient computer skills (MS Office suite, Windows OS, iOS basics) are needed as well. Candidate must also be able to handle high-stress calls from instructors and be able to trouble-shoot over the phone (preferred) so that down time for the instructor is minimized.
CTS preferred, but not required. Strongly prefer AV experience and experience in higher education.
Valid NC Driver’s License
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration; Networking Technology, or related areas and two years of experience in the Information Technology field related to the position’s role; or a
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position’s role, or a
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position’s role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.
- Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to move 50 lbs., ascend ladder to troubleshoot AV equipment with or without accommodation. Valid NC drivers license.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/263091
Department Contact Name and Title: Linease Washington, Human Resources Specialist
Department Contact Telephone or Email: email@example.com
Posting Open Date: 08/04/2023
Posting Close Date: 08/14/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Office of Human Resources Contact Information: If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919) 966-3576 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.