This Position Requires Faculty To Teach On Campus & In-Person; This Is NOT A Remote Teaching Opportunity.
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing, nursing school that transforms people’s lives by preparing them for careers in nursing and improving communities through the care its graduates provide. As a leading nurse educator, Arizona College of Nursing offers students the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s in nursing in 3 years or less with qualified transfer credits. Our quality nursing curriculum prepares students for an in-demand career to help communities overcome the chronic, well-known, and increasing nursing shortage. Through the execution of a targeted growth strategy, the college plans to meet the growing demand for nurses by launching campuses in markets where bachelor’s prepared nurses are needed.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values:
Passion: We love helping others succeed.
Excellence: We strive to be the best.
Adaptability: We learn, in part by trying new ideas.
Accountability: We own our results.
Integrity: We do the right thing.
What You'll Do:
Under supervision of the Dean of General Education, the adjunct instructor provides a learning experience in the classroom, online, and/or in the lab using a variety of teaching methods such as lectures and demonstrations and using audiovisual and technological aids to supplement the presentations as well as evaluating their achievements.
- Keep students engaged in a classroom environment while following an established curriculum/syllabus.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom/online. Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Identify and refer students who are “at risk" of not being successful to the Student Success Coordinator.
- Provide ongoing student advisement and academic counseling by tutoring and mentoring students on an individual basis when needed.
- Grade tests and projects, maintain grade books, track attendance and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Administer oral, written, or performance tests to measure progress and to evaluate training effectiveness.
- Participate in ongoing conferences, seminars, and training sessions (2 education in-services, 1 distance education in-service, proof of at least 2 professional development activity annually).
- Provide input and participate in academic committees formed for the purpose of enrichment of both the programs and students.
Other duties as assigned.
What We Need From You:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Masters’ degree or higher in a related program of study from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) required
- A minimum of 15 credit hours or equivalent in the assigned subject area required.
- A minimum of three years of work experience as an educator preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English