Finance and Operations Specialist - 502446
SUMMARY: To be considered, please submit resume and coverletter
The Finance and Operations Specialist will work closely with the
Student Development Division and program directors and managers.
Responsible for managing resources, projects, and budgets to meet
annual goals. Supports all aspects of financial planning, budget
management, and operations.
- Creates and executes divisional budget strategy in
collaboration with the VP for Student Development.
- Monitors programs from fiscal perspective.
- Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for the
unit's annual budgeting process.
- Assist with the continual enhancement of data management
practices, processes and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of university financial procedures and
incorporates them into unit and department guidelines and
- Perform financial review and analysis of monthly reports to
include forecasting year-end spending.
- Perform financial analysis of endowment funds to ensure
distributions are fully allocated and spent in accordance with
- Oversees Division purchasing cards, purchase orders,
receivables, and commitments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently,
efficiently, and with flexibility in an organized manner
- Ability to accurately manage and prepare financial records,
such as budget reports and purchasing card statements
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate departmental
- Ability to read and analyze data in various forms
- Ability to develop data visualizations (e.g. graphs, charts) as
a means of succinctly communicating complex information and
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
responsibly and professionally.
- Working knowledge of Box, Banner, Workday, Microsoft Office and
PowerPoint, or equivalent
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- High standards for accuracy and meticulous attention to
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's required. 4 years plus experience in budget
management. Higher education experience preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75
Pay Grade 8 (Hiring Range $64,210.00 to $85,072.00 annually)
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and
determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive
change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from
downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy
of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and
cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions.
There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE