Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s (employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs (employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job Title: Compliance and Business Analyst, Institutional Research
Division: Academic Affairs
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director, Institutional Research
Positions Supervised: NA
The institutional research analyst is responsible for the collection and dissemination of data for internal and external reporting to inform university decision making on business and educational issues. Primary duties include the oversight and completion of compliance reporting, production of standard and ad‐hoc reports for the campus community, and implementation of business intelligence dashboards.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Manages and implements projects to complete business critical data reports for public compliance, external publications, academic affairs, and business planning
- Serves as the key holder and primary report manager for federal and Missouri compliance
- Designs and maintains business intelligence reports (Power BI) on student retention, financial aid discounting, and enrollment estimation
- Prepares data for business cases to assess the likely costs and benefits of business and academic proposals.
- Stays up to date on evolving compliance reporting requirements
- Collects and analyzes national and regional benchmarking data
- Maintains a compliance calendar and initiates tasks in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
- Assists in the design and implementation of business planning calendars and related reports and analyses
- Identifies university data quality and business process issues and makes recommendations for improvements
- Participates in data quality and data governance groups or committees
- Develops business intelligence reports to provide real-time data on key business and educational topics
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and teamwork
- Fields high priority requests directly from senior leadership
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all records reviewed
Communication, Teamwork, and Collaboration
- Coordinates the collection and input of compliance data from multiple university offices
- Collaborates with other offices or stakeholders on business process and data management issues
- Functions as one of the university’s student data experts, participating in decision-making and providing guidance to multiple units within the university
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements may be designated by position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, data analytics, or relevant field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with educational data, preferably in higher education
- Experience querying relational databases and/or writing sql queries
- Experience creating business intelligence reports through PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with Anthology/Campus Labs student information systems preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Familiarity with higher education financial aid, federal educational compliance, or Missouri higher education compliance
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use good judgment and think critically on quantitative questions
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Basic proficiency with SPSS and PowerBI
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
- General office setting
- Fully remote
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours daily
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to educational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.