ABOUT GRINNELL COLLEGE
Grinnell College is a private liberal arts college located in Grinnell, Iowa and is ranked #15 on the U.S. News and World Report’s list of Best National Liberal Arts Colleges.
Grinnell College is a top ranked Liberal Arts institution that values diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, intellectual freedom, and social responsibility. We seek candidates that align with these values and have the ability and desire to advance our values and belonging within our community and the communities we engage. Ideal candidates will be prepared to collaborate and contribute to the mission and values of the college across all constituencies.
The Library Systems Associate provides day-to-day operational management and support of integrated library system(ILS). This is an enterprise resource system, designed for libraries, that tracks inventory, orders, payments, and circulation. Analyzes, diagnoses, prioritizes, and resolves problems relating to library hardware and software systems. Provides staff and user support; provides desktop support; performs research, assessment and troubleshooting to resolve complex integrated library systems related issues; assists in the investigation and implementation of emerging technologies; coordinates order, retrieval, manipulation, and downloading of electronic data into local systems; provides day-to-day coordination between the Libraries and ITS by working within the general standards and communications protocols set by ITS; and provides orientation and training for Library Technical Consultants. The Associate will do all of the work keeping the potential users of library services and the mission of the college and the libraries in mind.
- Tracking server activity
- Webpage and database management
- Perform upgrades of software, addressing questions about server technical problems
- Improve efficiency by evaluating system network functions
- Day-to-day operational management/support of integrated library system
- Research, assess and troubleshoot to resolve complex ILS related issues
- Provides day-to-day coordination between Libraries and ITS
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Three years or more relevant experience
- Champions Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and efficiently manage daily work demands with strong attention to detail
- Independent self-starter with developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing verbal and written modes of communications.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Be capable of successfully completing the courses required for Alma certification.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.