***This position is eligible for up to two days remote work per
The Social Media Manager is responsible for creatively and
strategically telling the story of Salve Regina University through
the medium of social media in order to advance the institution's
marketing and communications strategy, drive enrollment, and
support advancement goals. The Social Media Manager will work in
collaboration with the marketing and communications team and with
partners across the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Media Manager will have the expertise and management
skills needed to effectively and collaboratively develop, implement
and manage social media strategies in alignment with the
University's strategic priorities. The Social Media Manager will
also run the day-to-day operation of Salve's primary social media
accounts and monitor both outbound and inbound social media
activity related to the University. In addition to monitoring and
responding to posts, comments, messages, etc., this individual will
create engaging multimedia content that will positively represent
the University's brand and promote participation and
The Social Media Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on
social media, and consult and provide best practices on the use of
social media and the development of engaging social media marketing
plans for different constituent areas across campus.
The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for the
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operational planning, execution and evaluation of
ongoing social media communications.
- Produce content for various social media channels for targeted
audiences that maximizes the functionality and strategy of each
- Provide leadership to student employees who contribute to
content through the student employment program.
- Ensure that all social media accounts are updated and
maintained consistently to maintain Salve Regina University's
positive online presence.
- Build and manage social media profiles and presence for the
institution - keeping on top of usage trends and new platform
- Lead collaboration within University departments and units to
manage reputation, identify key players, coordinate event coverage
and content sharing/re-purposing through work performed.
- Works with the AVP of Marketing and Communications to establish
KPIs and generate regular reports concerning social media analytics
through the institution's social media management tool.
- Create and follow an editorial/social media calendar and
schedule aligning with University's academic calendar to assist
with content planning and execution.
- Respond to user-generated content as appropriate and encourage
positive engagement with Salve Regina University on multiple
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related
- Minimum of three years professional experience being immersed
in social media.
- Excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills with
strong attention to detail.
- Ability to resize imagery, create on-brand graphics across
different social channels.
- Strong experience in planning, organizing resources,
establishing priorities, and launching creative and imaginative
social campaigns that drive user engagement.
- In-depth experience using social media to represent the online
voice of an institution, company or organization, including day
to-day community management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a wide-range
- Knowledgeable of and able to smoothly use social media
management and reporting tools.
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to create and
execute ideas, particularly when moving the University onto new
- Understanding of different demographic groups, including
prospective students, donors and families within all age groups in
relation to their use of social media.
- Ability to reflect diverse demographics and develop inclusive
social strategies, content and creative.
- Over 3 years work experience managing multiple social media
- Social media management experience in a higher education
- Experience with Sprout Social platform.
- High level of video capture and graphic design abilities with
portfolio of samples
- Experience leveraging Canva for multiple users.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
employees including (waiting periods apply):
health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of the
month following date of hire
403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer
contributions as well as access to advising services
long-term disability coverage
employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and
robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus Fitness
Other available benefits include:
supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for
qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
health savings accounts
529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits
Salve Regina University strives to cultivate belonging values
through diversity, equity inclusion in order to foster a welcoming
culture for our staff, faculty and students, as well as the wider
community. Salve Regina University embraces all people with grace.
No matter the path traveled to get here, the University
acknowledges that many identities will intersect. Salve Regina
belongs to all in its community.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.