Compensation Type: Hourly
The barista position promotes coffee consumption by educating
customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing
equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a
variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies. This
position assists in the care, cleaning of the café and stocking of
café disposables, grab and go food items and beverages.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed
recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as:
espresso, espresso lungo, café latte, and cappuccino.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding & brewing equipment by
explaining the differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation
machines; demonstrates how brewing equipment operates.
Facilities Management & Inventory
- Welcomes and engages customers by determining their coffee
interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee
drink menu; answering questions, as needed.
- Works with and supports student interns and student
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defines new and
expanded services and products.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - Ongoing
- Ensures all café areas are clean & tidy.
- Ensures coolers are stocked with freshly rotated food
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply;
stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries,
and cookies for the coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshoots breakdowns; maintains supplies; performs preventative
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following
organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and
re-designing processes; implements changes; maintains and improves
the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of work experience in a full-service coffee shop,
and hands-on experience working with professional coffee machines
and café equipment.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s).
- An appropriate combination of education, training, coursework
and experience may qualify a candidate.
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community
College, please l og in to Workday to use the internal application
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available
when starting the application process. For all faculty positions
(Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will
need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when
completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update
(if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will
transfer to your application.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State
Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated
information on the status of your application can be found by
visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted
applications by logging in and reviewing your status.