This position will report directly to the Provost.
The Dean will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer for the College of International Studies is responsible for developing and implementing academic and financial strategies, recruiting faculty, students, and administrative staff, and maintaining the organizational structure that will serve and promote research, clinical and educational programs of the highest caliber.
This position will be responsible for:
- Serves as chief executive and academic administrative officer of the College of International Studies by creating a vision and advancing the mission of the College, with responsibility for academic and development functions, personnel, general administration and management, and budget.
- Plans for the fiscal and material resources needed to offer the educational, research, and service programs of the College.
- Administers the College's educational, research, and public service programs.
- Consults and collaborates with faculty and administrators on decisions related to the academic affairs of the College.
- Recommends to the Provost the appointments, promotions, and tenure of College of International Studies faculty members.
- Serves as the College's representative on various University policy and decision bodies and is the official representative of the College to external constituencies.
- Collaborates with individuals, groups, Colleges, programs, alumni, and organizations within the University, and the public at large to promote the goals of the College.
- Leads the College's development activities to promote the College's goals and vision.
- Assures compliance with the general policies and practices of AUIB.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and policy development activities of the College.
- Must have PhD degree in a discipline in the College from an accredited institution, primarily in international law, conflict resolution, political economy, security studies and public policy majors.
- At an Associate Dean or Dean experience at least 3 – 5 years.
- Must be native English speaker and possess excellent communications skills.
- A reputation for creative scholarship and a demonstrable record of fostering excellence in research, teaching, and service.
- Ability to think strategically and build effective institutional partnerships.
- Demonstrated administrative experience, a high standard of professional integrity, and strong team building skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate the College's vision and mission to the students, faculty, alumni, practitioners, external funding agencies, and other decision-making bodies.
Applications should include:
• Cover Letter outlining how you meet the position requirements for the role. • Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Copy of Passport Data information/Valid National ID
• References or recommendation letters of three individuals who have worked with you.
• Copy all academic degrees and certificates.
• Unofficial Transcripts (Official will be required if hired) Must be translated in English.