This position will report directly to the University President.
The Vice President of Student Affairs at the American University of Iraq - Baghdad is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing and enhancing the overall student experience. Reporting directly to the University President, the Vice President of Student Affairs plays a crucial role in shaping the campus culture and ensuring a positive and holistic environment that promotes student success, well-being, and growth. This position is instrumental in leading and implementing strategic initiatives to achieve the institution's enrollment goals and enhance its overall student body. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the development, execution, and evaluation of comprehensive enrollment strategies to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and talented student population. This position requires a visionary leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of student development, and a passion for fostering a vibrant and inclusive campus community.
If you are an ambitious and visionary leader dedicated to making a positive impact on students' lives and fostering a thriving campus community, we invite you to apply for the Vice President of Student Affairs position at AUIB. Join us in our commitment to shaping the future of education and empowering the next generation of leaders in Iraq.
Areas of Accountabilities: Main Activities
- Student Development: Create and implement strategic initiatives that enhance the personal, social, and academic development of students. Promote a comprehensive approach to student growth, supporting their intellectual, emotional, and ethical development throughout their university journey.
- Student Support Services: Oversee the departments offering various student support services, including academic advising, career development, Academic Tutoring, counseling and wellness services, and student accessibility services. Continuously assess and enhance these services to ensure they align with the evolving needs of students.
- Student Engagement: Encourage active student involvement in campus life, extracurricular activities, and leadership opportunities. Develop and implement programs and events that promote a sense of community, school spirit, and positive student interactions.
- Retention Initiatives: Analyze data on student retention and work with the various colleges and relevant departments to implement retention strategies. Identify at-risk students and create targeted interventions to support their academic and personal success.
- Enrollment Strategy Development: Develop and execute a comprehensive, data-driven enrollment management strategy aligned with the institution's mission and long-term goals. This includes establishing ambitious enrollment targets, identifying key performance indicators, and creating innovative recruitment plans.
- Recruitment Initiatives: Develop and implement targeted recruitment initiatives to attract prospective students from various geographic regions and demographic backgrounds within Iraq.
- Admissions Operations: Oversee the admissions process, including application review, decision-making, and admissions communication. Implement best practices to streamline operations, enhance efficiency, and maintain a high level of customer service for prospective students and their families.
- Marketing and Outreach: Collaborate with the marketing team to design and execute effective marketing and communication strategies that promote the institution's academic programs, campus culture, and unique value proposition to prospective students and influencers.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: Develop and implement financial aid strategies that support student access and affordability. Ensure financial aid packages are competitive, equitable, and align with institutional goals.
- University Policies: Collaborate with university administration to develop and enforce student policies that align with the university's mission and values. Ensure compliance with Iraqi governmental regulations pertaining to student affairs.
- Budget Management: Oversee the allocation and management of the Student Affairs and Registrar budgets, ensuring responsible fiscal stewardship and optimal resource allocation to support student programs and services.
- Student Communication: Foster open and effective communication with students, including regular interaction through forums, town hall meetings, and online platforms, to understand their needs, concerns, and perspectives.
- Institutional Committees: Serve as a member of various university committees to represent the student affairs perspective and contribute to institution-wide decision-making processes.
A: Educational Qualifications:
- A doctoral degree in higher education administration, student affairs, counseling, or a related field is required.
B: Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in student affairs or enrollment management within American-style higher education.
C: Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity, with a track record of promoting a welcoming and inclusive campus environment.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of student development theories and best practices in higher education.
- Experience in enrollment management and student services
- Proven ability to develop and implement innovative student programs and initiatives.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter outlining how you meet the position requirements for the role.
- Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of Passport Data information/Valid National ID
- References or recommendation letters of three individuals who have worked with you.
- Copy all academic degrees and certificates.
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official will be required if hired) Must be translated in English.