Video and Multimedia Producer
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla
vibrant and beautiful tree-lined campus is home to an
intellectually diverse, dynamic, welcoming and supportive community
of some 500 staff and faculty serving approximately 1,500 students
from the local region and across the globe. With exceptional
students, accomplished faculty and staff, and a fiercely loyal and
growing number of engaged alumni, Whitman College continues to
build on its national reputation for academic excellence as one of
the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
is cultivating a community built on inclusion and
belonging. We recognize the value of those who can offer
historically underrepresented perspectives and encourage
applications from those whose background, knowledge, and insights
from lived experience can add to the college's working and learning
environment. Whitman College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer (EEO) .
The Video and Multimedia Producer will create compelling video and
multimedia content for whitman.edu and other digital and social
media channels. Requiring creative, editorial and technical
expertise, the producer creates multimedia content that tells the
Whitman College story in compelling ways that capture the viewer's
attention in support of Whitman's strategic goals, with an emphasis
on marketing to the prospective student audience.
- Plan and produce videos for the web and social media including
concept development, storyboarding, scripting, logistical
coordination, technical production of video and audio, shooting,
interviewing and editing. The producer will be expected to create
an average of one to two short-form videos every two weeks.
- As part of the Communications team, advocate for creative and
strategic use of video as a storytelling vehicle and collaborate
with other content creators on multimedia storytelling.
- Strategically develop and maintain the college's YouTube
account so it aligns with the college's recruitment strategy.
- Serve as an internal consultant and collaborative partner for
Communications staff, supporting their efforts to include video and
multimedia in their work.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in video and
- Partner with the content team and other college departments to
create and distribute videos through the college's various
- Using appropriate analytical tools, measure the effectiveness
of the college's video and multimedia to inform future work.
- Hire and manage student and freelance photographers and oversee
photo shoots and event photography. Help students develop their
visual, technical and professional skills.
- Oversee the accuracy and completeness of photo captions and
credits on video content.
- Help manage digital assets including the photo library and
video footage, and facilitate access to digital assets.
- Maintain the department's videography and photography equipment
and recommend necessary equipment, software and technology as needs
- Take still photography that is of significant or strategic
value to the college, as assigned by the Director of Content.
- Ensure all video and audio assets meet accessibility
- Complete other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they
possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the
essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
- Strong video and still photography skills.
- Fluent digital editing skills, with expertise in video
storytelling as well as with software platforms related to digital
editing and retouching (e.g., Final Cut Pro, After Effects,
- Understanding of digital video formats for upload to YouTube
and other digital channels, as well as with gathering and
interpreting video analytics.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects on time, on
brand and on budget.
- Experience in the artistic and technical aspects of video
production and photography.
- Ability to work well with others.
This is a position for an experienced professional, with three or
more years of experience producing video and a bachelor's degree in
film, art, communications or a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. Applicants will be asked
to provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates both technical and
Whitman College offers a competitive benefits program that is
designed to attract qualified candidates and retain talented
employees. Full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
accidental death and dismemberment
long term disability
insurances with the capability to elect
additional voluntary coverage.
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
with a 10% matching
contribution after eligibility
Paid Time Off:
20 accrued vacation days
12 accrued sick days
13 paid holidays
Tuition Remission - Dependent Children
for one Whitman course per semester.
Learn more about benefits eligibility here
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR JOB CANDIDATES
Contact Human Resources regarding requests for disability
accommodation in the employment application process.
Application review will begin on July 1, 2023 and continue until
the position is filled.
For full application instructions and position description,