Grand Valley State University Department of Finance in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for a faculty position beginning in Fall 2024. The open position(s) is for an Assistant or Associate Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree in Finance or a closely related field from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution by August 2024 and be interested in teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. All teaching interests in Finance will be considered. Salary is competitive. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area, with significant leisure time activities available. Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Required Qualifications and Education
- Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2024. Current ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness.
- Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Relevant industry experience Expertise in the areas of investments, financial institutions, or ethics
- Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
- Ability to teach at the graduate level.
- Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA) as well as provide service to the department, college, university and community is expected
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards is expected
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
- For details about Seidman College of Business visit www.gvsu.edu/seidman
- The Finance Department has 11 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
- GVSU Finance faculty have access to CRSP, Compustat, and CapIQ via the WRDS platform
How to Apply
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu to be considered; applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution T
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons.
- Sample of completed or in-progress research work.
On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: George Chang (email@example.com or 616-331-7350).
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by September 30, 2023, to ensure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
For more information about Seidman College of Business, see our website at www.gvsu.edu/seidman
Grand Valley State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for racial and ethnic minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. University policy extends protections to additional identities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).