POSITION TITLE: Admissions Recruiter
The Admissions Recruiter must be highly motivated, be able to communicate effectively, and market the University. The position requires an individual to assume a proactive role in increasing the visibility and effectiveness of the University to the Community. This also includes strategically partnering with local high schools and associations to build a prospective student pool that is reflective of the University’s goal to increase the student body population. The position involves the process of identifying potential prospective students and then planning, creating, and implementing the strategies needed to attract and successfully enroll those students. At least 1-2 years of experience recruiting, preferably in a University setting, as the position requires the ability to research, develop, and implement recruitment strategies. Candidates must be willing to travel at least 75% of the time and be available to work extended hours and some weekends during peak recruiting periods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience as a University recruiter, highly preferable
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with coordinating campus-wide recruitment efforts.
- Works with Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Registrar, and Academic Division Chairs to organize recruitment plans and strategies.
- Assists with the development of recruitment materials.
- Collects information regarding educational opportunities and disseminates such information to the students.
- Assists with the coordination of all admissions sponsored events on campus such as High School Junior/Senior visit.
- Travels to district high schools, Universitys, churches and other events to recruit students. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Maintains prospect/applicant database.
- Facilitate University entry by gathering admissions applications and giving small group orientations.
- Provide assistance to prospective students concerning admissions requirements either by phone or in person.
- Assists with orientation and registration activities.
- Assists students in planning and scheduling for their University programs.
- Review application materials and render admission decisions.
- Develop and maintain correspondence with students, parents, alumnae and other institutional officials and representatives.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Executes all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Knowledge of University programs of study, admissions, registration, financial aid, counseling processes and community resources.
- Skilled in decision-making, effective oral and written communication skills, and leadership ability.
- Ability to prepare/present programs to groups from various backgrounds and establish rapport with all levels of personnel.
- Must be detailed oriented, set priorities and meet deadlines with a strong aptitude for quality control and accuracy.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Ability to utilize technology to attract and communicate with prospective students and families.