POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
This officer assists the Executive Director of Alumni Relations in developing strategies and coordinating as well as implementing programs/initiatives aimed at increasing alumni engagement with the university. The position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development.
- Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated ability to navigate all social media platforms. Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Experience in alumni engagement and/or fundraising activities a plus.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development to articulate a strategy for securing alumni engagement and financial support of the university. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the strategic development and collaborative execution of programs fostering alumni engagement. Plan and coordinate the engagement initiatives for young alumni and friends in concert with other programs in the Division of Institutional Advancement and Development. The Assistant Director will be responsible for increasing alumni & friend engagement and philanthropic support through a variety of initiatives, including but not limited to, engagement events, stewardship, outreach through web-based communication and direct mail, – volunteer groups, and student philanthropic initiatives. The Assistant Director will take the lead in implementing an Alumni Discovery Program to assist the Advancement Division during their comprehensive capital campaign. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive reports. Evidence of highly developed soft skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Development in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.