Job Title: Associate Director
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Reports to: Executive Director of Admissions
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt
The Associate Director will provide daily office operations leadership, and contribute to the enrollment of academically qualified and culturally, ethnically, economically, geographically, and socially diverse students to support the work of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The Associate Director is a key member of the Office of Admissions management team and will be involved in the communication of admission policies and procedures, management of daily recruitment operations, and strategic planning. The Associate Director is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects of prospective student campus visits, tours, recruiting events, and counselor events
- Manage the logistics of recruitment and yield travel; maintain the admissions travel schedule and recruitment calendar;
- Track and analyze data to generate reports regularly regarding the application funnel;
- Track and record visiting student data in the CRM and in the monthly recruiting outreach form;
- Monitor application review workflows to ensure timely processing of admission decisions;
- Oversee the implementation of the Alumni network of volunteers (ROAR TEAM) to help with outreach in varied markets to include the training of Alumni Volunteers in Admissions messaging;
- Train new and existing admissions counselors and specialists;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with prospective students, admitted students, parents, alumni, high school personnel and community groups;
- Schedule campus visits, including generating and sending invitations, assigning tour-guides, scheduling activities requested during the visit, contacting and coordinating appointments with various on-campus departments and/or personnel;
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of on-campus recruitment programs (large open house events, guidance counselor tours, admitted student days, transfer student days and individual or school group visits);
- Monitor student worker hours and verify payroll. Daily oversight of student employees;
- Provide coverage for college fair conflicts and conduct information sessions as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education working with faculty, students, parents and staff.
- Demonstrated success with recruitment outreach initiatives
- Knowledge of Ellucian CRM Recruit and/or Colleague.
- Proficiency using computers and related IT equipment, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint); Acrobat Pro, Google Docs, Web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- Superior communication and organizational skills with the ability to manage concurrent projects and demands.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent human relations and administrative skills, especially the ability to manage sensitive information with decorum and confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license, and reliable vehicle for travel
Moderate lifting up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and body mobility to stoop, kneel, and bend and reach.
Work is primarily performed in a university campus environment and requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend work. Travel for administrative work is expected. The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Lincoln University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply The University is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.