College of Prof. Studies Office
The Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) and the
Dean of the College of Aerospace, Computing, Engineering and Design
(CACED) at Metropolitan State University of Denver are seeking
Executive Assistants for their respective offices. The Executive
Assistants will work closely with the Deans, Associate Deans,
Dean’s Office Staff, Department Chairs, and Directors within their
Colleges. CHHS houses and supports eight departments and a Health
Institute, delivering programs to both undergraduate and graduate
students. CACED houses and supports four departments, an Advanced
Manufacturing Sciences Institute, and a Cybersecurity Center,
delivering programs to undergraduate students.
The Executive Assistants will provide diversified, executive-level
administrative support to the Deans as well as college leadership,
and oversee daily administrative operations in the Office of the
Dean. Qualified candidates are expected to work with and for
others. They will cultivate and maintain relationships as they work
closely, accurately, and independently within broadly defined
guidelines. They should be effective communicators who are aware of
and responsive to the needs and concerns of the many types of
constituents who interact with the Dean and the College
Executive Assistant to the Dean - 50%
- Manages day-to-day operations, scheduling, and processes for
the Dean and offers executive-level assistance to the Dean and
Associate Deans of the college.
- Liaison with the President’s Office, Provost and Vice President
of Academic Affairs Office, Faculty Affairs, Human Resources and
other inter-institutional and tri- institutional offices on
- Periodically studies, analyzes, and determines different
processes to match changing University policies. Demonstrates
appropriate decision-making authority to implement new processes
and oversee these practices in a manner congruent with University
and College policies.
- Provides leadership to fellow administrative support staff and
sets priorities within the office to effectively carry out the core
daily operations of the office and serve internal constituents.
Duties include coordinating with other administrative support staff
within the University, ensuring that the standards of
professionalism and customer service reflect the values and service
standards communicated by the Dean, and leading staff meetings and
- Manages and executes a variety of special projects, as assigned
by the Dean.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all constituents. This
includes fielding inbound phone calls and emails to the Dean for
business, student and stakeholder-oriented questions, meeting
requests and concerns, and processes responses from the Dean for
- Manages the Dean’s calendar and appointments, ensuring that
meeting requests are completed in a timely fashion and vetted in an
appropriate manner. Essential duties include prioritizing meeting
requests and streamlining the workflow management of the Dean’s
calendar as well as initiating the scheduling of meetings.
- Prepares travel authorizations that includes making airline,
hotel, and transportation reservations. Manages travel expense
reports in alignment with university policies, procedures, and
- Utilizes Workday and corporate card for travel and other
expense authorization processes.
Manages the Dean’s Office - 30%
- Manages and coordinates the office logistics and administrative
tasks for the College.
- Serves as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, attends necessary
workshops and seminars, instructs the unit on emergency response
information, and keeps emergency call lists up to date. Provides
leadership to ensure all departments have an identified Emergency
Preparedness Coordinator and are following university
- Maintains access matrices and works closely with AHEC and MSU
Denver Facilities for access and approval.
- Supervises student employees and potential future Dean’s office
staff to ensure a well-functioning, welcoming, and responsive
- Provides administrative support to the development of processes
in the Dean’s Office.
- Provides leadership around the development of the college brand
and actively participates in the development and execution of the
College Events & Communication - 15%
- Prepares correspondence and communication efforts for the Dean
and the College including, but not limited to, drafting letters,
presentation materials, memos, reports, forms, and speeches.
- Coordinates collection of all appropriate data, attachments,
and signatures on a variety of documents prior to giving them to
the Dean or Associate Deans for their signature and/or
- Organizes election and appointment process for faculty/staff to
various college and university committees.
- Implements the timeline and procedures for the Chairs
preference polls and coordinates and distributes the faculty
evaluations of their Chairs and the Dean. Ensures compliance with
State and University requirements for maintenance and preservation
of official records.
- Develops and supports the development of surveys and manage
survey data as needed.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements events for the College.
Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of high-level
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience, with demonstrated
ability to create, manage, and edit in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
- Demonstrated experience leading or managing projects that
require a high level of attention to detail and excellent
Successful applicants will clearly articulate how each required
qualification is met within their resume or cover letter.
- Experience with Banner
- Experience with Workday
- Experience in My Clinical Exchange
- Experience with notetaking and taking and maintaining minutes
from high-level meetings
- Experience handling travel arrangements in a professional
- Supervising others in an office environment
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to handle matters confidentially
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions as appropriate for
The candidate must be able to work in person on campus, Monday –
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Salary for Announcement
The full salary range for these positions is $ 49,900 - $74,900;
the anticipated hiring range is $60,000 - $68,000. The salaries of
the finalists selected for these roles will be set based upon a
variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
experience, training, and qualifications.
MSU Denver offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental,
retirement, tuition benefit, RTD pass, and more. For a brief
overview of these options, please visit our Benefits section.
Instructions to Apply
These positions are open until filled. Please apply through
MSU Denver Careers
, and search for JR101276.
Internal applicants must apply through their MSU Denver Workday
profile by selecting the Career tab within the Menu and searching
Applications that do not include the following required documents
may not receive full consideration:
2. Cover letter
3. References. Names and contact information for three professional
references (at least one reference provided must be a supervisor,
either current or former)
Upload all materials into the resume submission field; multiple
documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively,
merge all documents into one PDF for submission.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and