Job No: 497450
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Department of Chemistry at Bucknell University invites applications for an entry-level, tenure‐track faculty position in organic chemistry to begin August 1, 2024. The successful candidate will regularly teach organic chemistry lectures and labs, occasionally teach biochemistry lectures and/or labs, and have the opportunity to contribute to other courses depending on background and interests. We seek someone with the potential to be an outstanding teacher, scholar, advisor, and advocate for the advancement of diversity efforts within the sciences. We welcome candidates who demonstrate excellence in reflective multicultural and inclusive teaching practices and who display a strong commitment to collaboration. Development of a strong research program in some area of organic chemistry is expected. The research area may include chemical biology or bioorganic chemistry and should complement current research within the department.
The minimum qualification is a Ph.D. in chemistry or a closely related field. Candidates in the final stages of their dissertation will be considered, but must complete their degree to continue employment beyond the first year. Postdoctoral experience is preferred; candidates with professional experience outside academia are also welcome.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, description of research interests, teaching statement, and the names and contact information for three references. The research statement should be 4-6 pages and include a plan for involving undergraduate students. The teaching statement should be a maximum of 3 pages and include the candidate's interests in undergraduate education and ideas or philosophy for equitable and inclusive teaching. All application materials must be submitted through http://jobs.bucknell.edu./
Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Questions may be directed to the search committee chair, Professor Michael Krout (email@example.com).
This position is a full-time, benefits eligible, tenure-track faculty position.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- myriad other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, clickhttps://www.bucknell.edu/azdirectory/human-resources/employee-benefits! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4445914