Registrar Data Specialist
The Registrar Data Specialist reports to the Registrar and is a
subject matter expert of registrar data and business process. This
position is responsible for registrar data entry in the student
information system, user acceptance testing, and report creation.
This role will leverage their experience in process review, process
mapping, and process validation to drive new or existing registrar
processes. This position will have familiarity with registrar best
practices related to degree auditing and other records and
registration policies and procedures. This position works primarily
in-person, on-campus but may have the opportunity for a hybrid work
Job duties include but are not limited to the
- Create and maintain registrar reports in the student
- Enter data of the full course schedule into the student
- Maintain and update current student demographic information
including, but not limited to various address types, legal name
changes, social security number updates, emergency contact
- Maintain and update of student class year cohorts, statuses,
advising cohorts, and other student record specific tasks in the
student information system.
- Create mass mail merge activities, process the Attendance
Confirmation data changes, and process Onboarding Student data
- Observe and document opportunities for process improvement,
using quantitative and qualitative improvement tools to identify
possible issues and design modifications.
- Create test plans and thoroughly test registrar functionality
for system upgrades and implementations.
- National Student Clearinghouse ( NSC ) data clean-up; serve as
back-up for NSC report submission for Registrar's
- Assist Associate Registrar in accurately building and
maintaining academic requirements in Workday and collect data on
student progress toward degree completion.
- Transfer and test credit articulation data entry in the student
A complete application includes a cover letter and a
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field, or bachelor's
degree along with relevant work experience.
- A high level of technical proficiency and database experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is
required; experience with Workday, Banner, DegreeWorks,
MSSQLReporting Services is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative workspace,
with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and confident in producing accurate
reports and analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to organize numerous projects requiring
attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain confidentiality with
students and their families, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Must exhibit professionalism in working effectively with
- Experience in registrar, admissions, enrollment management, or
relevant area higher education preferred.
- Preferred experience creating queries of student data from
appropriate enterprise student information systems, in addition to
validating such data from the student information
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working
environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity in the workforce.