The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is a distinguished and leading institution dedicated to providing top-tier education in the field of health sciences. With a rich history and a strong commitment to academic excellence, the university offers a wide array of comprehensive programs that cater to aspiring healthcare professionals seeking to make a significant difference in the industry. At the heart of the university's mission is a focus on preparing students with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience required to excel in their chosen healthcare disciplines. Through innovative teaching methodologies and a faculty comprising experienced practitioners and experts, students receive a robust and personalized learning experience. The university's state-of-the-art facilities and hands-on approach ensure that graduates are well-equipped to address the complex challenges and opportunities in today's healthcare landscape. Whether one's ambition is to become a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or a healthcare administrator, the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences stands as a beacon of academic excellence and a nurturing environment for tomorrow's healthcare leaders.
To learn more, visit the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences website.
The Executive Director, Student Financial Services & Compliance is responsible for ensuring the University meets and maintains its compliance objectives relative to necessary and proper administration of all federal, state and local student financial assistance including scholarships, veterans’ education benefits and military tuition assistance. The Executive Director will also provide strategic oversight and expert-level guidance related to compliance with federal student financial aid regulations, all within a dynamic and changing environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the internal compliance expert responsible for developing and maintaining the financial aid office’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise a risk-based quality control program that provides continuous monitoring of financial aid performance to assure compliance with regulatory procedures.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Executive Leadership and Financial Aid Director and team members to enhance existing procedures and implement new procedures, as well as to disseminate essential information.
- Responsible for maintaining an ongoing regulatory training, assuring regulatory awareness and operational effectiveness of the financial aid calendar and requirements to ensure on time reporting.
- Collect and prepares student record data for audit testing and work with the Financial Aid administrative team to draft responses to audit findings.
- Direct audit activities with auditors and Financial Aid Director and executes audit plan.
- Responsible for developing, forecasting, and managing the delivery of student financial aid and the financial aid budgets (departmental and cost of attendance).
- Participate in local, regional and national professional associations remaining up to date on regulations, rules and pending legislation.
- Provide oversight of Financial Aid Director and team with respect to mandatory reporting and timeframes on disbursements and return of funds to DOE.
- Conduct quarterly internal audits of student Financial Aid records and oversee financial aid administration with any compliance reviews or investigations.
- Interface with University Legal & Compliance team to supply data and other information to support University compliance initiatives.
- Review and respond to student matters escalated from Financial Aid Director.
- Investigate and report on alternative loan options.
- Assure that students are serviced at the highest of standards.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of seven years of applicable experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of Title IV regulations and federal student aid programs, including but not limited to Direct Loans, Grants and Federal Work Study.
- Demonstrated experience leading compliance efforts involving Financial Aid and/or Registrar-related functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas of financial aid, including applications, awarding and aid packaging, entrance counseling and federal verification, master promissory notes, exit counseling and repayment.
- Managerial experience a must.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar a plus.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries, relocation, and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
HIRING RANGE $108,900 - $156,135
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
This is an on-campus leadership position. The selected candidate may choose to work at any of our campus locations in Dallas, Texas; Austin, Texas; Miami, Florida; St. Augustine, Florida; or San Marcos, California.
CBIZ EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences with this important search. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in confidence. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
STEP 1: Complete a brief online application (2-3 minutes):
STEP 2: Send us your résumé or curriculum vitae:
- Send in PDF format
- Send to ApplyHigherEd@EFLAssociates.com
- Email subject line should read – “St Augustine ED, SFSC Application”
- Candidate vetting and interview will begin immediately.
- Applications will close earlier if a selection is made prior to the scheduled application deadline.
- Application deadline is September 8, 2023.
Steve Waldron, JD
VP & Managing Director, Higher Education Practice
Nominations & Application Questions
If you would like to provide a nomination, please email all pertinent information (including an email address and phone number of the nominee) to:
Program Manager, Higher Education Practice
Our client and CBIZ EFL Associates firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
CBIZ EFL ASSOCIATES
700 West 47th Street, Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64112
Steve Waldron, Managing Director