Emporia State University is seeking a highly skilled individual for the position of Associate Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of accountants, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in compliance with University policies.
- The Associate Controller will report to the Controller and provide critical support in managing the financial accounting and business operations.
- The Associate Controller will be responsible for the myriad of accounting, grant and tax reporting requirements, the setup of accounts, and the financial close process.
- This position will assist in developing and implementing financial policies and procedures that support the University’s goals and objectives and will maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- The Associate Controller will collaborate with the other managers to identify areas for improvement and introduce changes where necessary.
- The Associate Controller will work closely with the business administrators to develop and implement operational policies and procedures that promote efficiency and effectiveness around budgeting, financial reporting, and fiscal operations for these departments, as well as oversee the development and implementation of training programs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience, preferably in a higher education or nonprofit environment.
- Experience managing a team of accounting professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with financial management systems and accounting software.
- Successful in managing complex financial processes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references here.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.