Provides administrative support to Marketing &
Communications and general administrative duties for the Division
of Marketing & Communications. Manages operating budgets,
prepares purchase orders and expense reports, manages inventory of
promotional items and sponsorship requests, coordinates contracts,
billing, filing, and purchasing. Helps manage key sponsorships and
serves as a liaison with some partners for invoicing. Exhibits a
“heart for service” and a “customer first” orientation in providing
exceptional service with all responsibilities and interactions.
Demonstrates versatility in handling people and situations. Adapts
willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities and
customer needs/expectations. Maintains strict confidentiality, when
- Assists Marketing & Communications with the coordination of
marketing systems and activities such as; setting up and
coordinating Weekly and Monthly Business Planning meetings,
training sessions, name badges, marketing baskets, event support as
needed, and responding to dean/supplier/partner requests.
- Manages Division of University Communications operating
budgets, prepares purchase orders and expense reports, coordinates
billing/invoices and tracks spending. Maintains file of divisional
agreements, records, contracts and other important documents.
- Manages the division’s promotional items and sponsorship
- Assists Marketing & Communications with Cabinet and Board
responsibilities as needed including making arrangements for
meetings, answering and returning phone calls, writing and
returning emails, coordinating contracts, filing documents,
welcoming guests to the office, and preparing agenda, minutes,
reports, correspondence, and mailings.
- Performs general administrative duties for the division,
including making arrangements for meetings, maintaining mail lists,
ordering supplies, overseeing office equipment, ensuring project
deadlines are met, and keeping general office space organized.
- Assists in management of vendors and freelancers
(i.e.,photographers, graphic designers etc).
: High school diploma required
: minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
software; proficient in budgeting software, Jenzabar,
- Exhibits a “customer first” orientation in providing
exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions
demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Brings a “heart for service mentality” and represents the
marketing function in a positive manner.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities and customer needs and expectations; anticipates
and identify customers’ needs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary for special
- Enjoys working on a team and with many people.
- Communicates, cooperates and collaborates with others to
achieve common office, division, or University goals.
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
within the Division of Marketing & Communications as required
during high service demand times.
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive and respectful
rapport and working relationship with Admission and Institutional,
peers, students and faculty, maintaining appropriate level of
- Communicates information clearly and concisely and listens well
- Uses and promotes excellent phone and written communication
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights or omissions, and ability to
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow through to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, as well as
able to learn and stay current with new technology at the
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Computer work; filing, coordinates mailings; sitting in one
position for long periods; multiple concurrent tasks with periodic
service interruptions; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review
the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer