Manhattanville College is seeking an Instructional Technologist.
This position will support a generative culture of
teaching excellence and assist faculty in adopting and
integrating pedagogical and technological innovations in their
classes. Partnering with the other office staff, this
instructional designer’s role will emphasize faculty support
around course design, technology support and integration, and
helping to determine the best tools and practices
to translate pedagogies into online, hybrid, and
face-to-face formats. This office emphasizes evidence-based
practices in teaching and learning.
- Consult and advise faculty (via video conference,
phone, email, and in-person) on appropriate course design and
technological tools best suited to meet
learning objectives through group workshops and
- Support the adoption, integration, and delivery of
instructional technologies to ensure the institution is effectively
using our academic technologies with related teaching and learning
tools. This individual also designs training sessions, produces
training materials, and reviews courses against quality
- Create and deliver technology training virtually and in-person,
- Serve as additional administrator for institutionally
supported academic technology, including Blackboard
- Support faculty in their adherence to accessibility
- Develop course design templates, checklists, guidelines, and
other resources around best practices.
- Work with other office staff to provide increased
support for Atlas and First-Year
Program and other academic programs
- Maintain awareness of best evidence-based around course design
and technology integrations.
- If qualified: Provide faculty with support and
training around light media production, such as short
video lectures, audio recordings,
- Three to five years of full-time experience working in
instructional design in higher education, including experience
supporting instructional technologies, including Blackboard, and
designing, developing, and delivering instructional workshops
- Experience building online/hybrid courses based in
- Strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online
- Willingness to troubleshoot problems and discover solutions to
solving those problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and carefully with
faculty, an IT team and other members of the community to maintain
an atmosphere of courtesy, professionalism and strong service.
- Demonstrated knowledge and value for diversity, equity and
inclusion in all its forms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct a small team of
- Quality Matters Certified Higher Ed Peer Reviewer, Quality
Matters Teaching Online Certificate, OLC Instructional Designer
Certificate or OLC Online Teaching Certificate a plus.
Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or
curriculum, or other related field aligned with the
responsibilities of the position preferred, ideally with a
concentration in online pedagogies
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promoting the health and safety of all of
Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost
importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that
all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. Applications
may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or
sincerely held religious beliefs.