Lab Specialist, Automotive - PT Flex
Internal Position Title:
Lab Specialist, Automotive - PT
: Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div
The Laboratory Specialist is responsible for monitoring the use of
the Automotive labs, maintaining records of supplies purchased for
the labs, insuring proper use of tools and equipment, and assisting
students and faculty in the use of the equipment.
Note: This is a non-teaching position.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an
at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with
the needs of the College of Lake County. Part-time flex employees
are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the
College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health
insurance or paid time off.
1. Previous work experience in the Automotive Service field.
2. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, language groups and abilities; demonstrate
sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college
students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities;
establish and maintain effective working relationships with those
contacted in the course of work.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This is a part-time flex
position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration
of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of
Lake County.Part-time flex employees are not eligible to
participate in any benefits program at the College, including
tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid
Part Time Flex
Total Hours Per Week:
Varies depending on Department needs.
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
During afternoons/evenings and other needed times, in a part-time
capacity and working with the Full-Time Lab Specialist:
Monitors the use of the automotive shop area labs:
1. Makes a daily check that equipment is put away in the
2. Maintains equipment.
3. Maintains and organizes the tool and supply cabinets in the shop
4. Maintains inventory of all equipment.
5. Keeps the tool boards full of necessary items.
6. Make a daily check that tools are in their proper place.
7. Performs routine maintenance and assembly of equipment utilized
in the Automotive Technology Program.
8. Reports damage to automotive equipment and assists in
10. Maintains, distributes, collects and inventories all college
supplies, equipment and material.
11. Assists students in the running of equipment and the use of
12. Assists the instructors in setting up laboratory
13. Complies with personal and environment safety practices
associated with the clothing, eye protection, hand tools, power
equipment and handling storage and disposal of chemicals in
accordance with local, state, and federal safety and environmental
16. Assists the Automotive Technology Department Chair in planning
and attending the automotive Advisory Committee meetings.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/22308