Weekly Work Hours
United States of America (Exempt)
Teaches students effectively in assigned classes and maintains
office hours for student consultation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with
students of varying diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated skills in
successfully working with diverse populations through experiences
such as formal training and past work experiences. The ability to
provide quality customer service.
May be required to lift and move materials and equipment weighing
up to 50 pounds.
Master’s degree or higher in Kinesiology/Physical Education or
related field OR Master’s Degree and three years of non-teaching
work experience in the concentration being taught, including but
not limited to coaching and training or certification/licensure in
the related field.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions
may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description. Position requires regular and
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that
provides education and employment opportunities without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans
with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
- Provides students with a written course syllabus. Participates
in the evaluation of the instructional process and uses innovative
strategies to continually improve learning.
- Participates in development and support of their discipline by
recommending books and materials, revising curricula, and
recommending teaching assignments when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and complete course records.
- Performs professional activities and assumes professional
responsibilities as agreed upon with the division dean, and works
with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions. Values the
- Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and
has the ability to incorporate diversity of delivery of such
learning styles in instruction.
- Participates in student advising and registration.
- Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to access data,
maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with
- Meets professional assignments in accordance with the System’s
calendar and contractual obligations.
- Complies with Districts board policy, state and federal policy,
and the student code of conduct as appropriate.
- Commits to college mission and goals through participating in
planning division objectives and budget requests.
- Serves on and attends college committees as assigned.
- Participates in campus commencement exercise(s) as required and
attends other required college meetings and activities.
- Participates in his/her own performance appraisal.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with persons from
- May work with student clubs and/or organizations.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to support
and enhance effective interaction between Districts and other
organizations, businesses and community groups as well as faculty,
staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Promotes the college in the community by participating in a
variety of marketing activities.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development
training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
September 30, 2023