The successful candidate will serve as an Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership, tenure track, in the Teaching, Leadership and Professional Practice department with primary responsibilities in research, teaching, advising, and service. The successful candidate will participate in research and grant activities, teach two courses per semester, supervise graduate students, and participate in service. Additional teaching opportunities are available in summer. Salary is dependent on qualifications and may be increased through grant-procuring activities.
This position aims to recruit an educational leader with research expertise in an area such as: pK-12 organizational leadership and theory; pK-12 curriculum and instructional leadership, community partnerships, education policy, educational law, rural education, and/or educational research methodologies.
• Earned PhD/EdD in Educational Leadership or related field
• Record of scholarly research publications or promising evidence toward publishing in peer-reviewed outlets
• Experience teaching a range of courses in Educational Leadership and Teaching depending on area/s of expertise
• Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
• Experience working in college/university settings
• Leadership experience working in an accredited pK-12 school setting, district office, or state-level institution
• Experience in or promising evidence of advising doctoral-level students
• Experience working with diverse communities
• Experience or promising evidence in writing grants and securing external funding related to Educational Leadership
• Experience in or promising evidence of teaching online, in-person, and hybrid-format graduate education courses
• Experience in or promising evidence of service commitment to the profession
• Experience in or promising evidence of collaborating/leading university - pK-12 partnerships and outreach in rural or tribal communities
• Evidence of outstanding communication, collaboration, and strong interpersonal skills
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by 10/27/2023 and include the following materials:
• Letter of Interest
• Curriculum Vita
• Names and contact information for three references