***This position is eligible for up to two days remote work per
Working closely with the Chief Marketing and Communications
Officer, the Creative Director will develop creative strategies to
advance the University's strategic initiatives and goals. This
position serves as a brand champion, overseeing the design team and
ensuring that their work aligns with the company's objectives,
brand guidelines, and industry standards. This position will also
develop concepts and manage the creative process from start to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the design team, wider marketing and
communications team, and key university partners to translate
marketing and communications objectives into creative
- Provides creative direction for print, digital and broadcast
advertising and promotional efforts and provides oversight for
internal and external creative resources.
- Maintains a unified image in support of the University's brand
by providing creative direction for storytelling, publications,
advertising, website design, social media graphics, and more.
- Oversees on-going enhancement of the Salve brand visual
identity and corresponding toolkits to empower and actively coach
the campus community to use the brand correctly in their work.
- Determines sustainable and effective ways to work with
divisions and departments across campus to help them build
high-quality, targeted, affordable and on-brand efforts to reach
their specific needs within the university's overall marketing
- Partners on the development and implementation of on-campus
- Provides constructive and thoughtful feedback to designers
during the creative design and development stages of a
- Presents creative with enthusiasm to partners - articulates
rationale, builds consensus, and manages challenges.
- Seeks creative inspiration in higher education and beyond with
a vision for innovation and shares knowledge with colleagues
regarding emerging trends in design, multimedia, and branding.
- Keeps up to date on trends in branding and design (software and
technology training, graphic design seminars, etc.)
- Provides project planning and management for creative jobs and
serves as the back-up to ensure continuity of design service when
- Manages internal and external creative resource availability,
timelines, and prioritization using shared team systems for
tracking and project coordination.
- Oversees the Salve licensing program, reviewing artwork and
items submitted for approvals.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality photography shoots and ensure
maintenance and organization of the image asset library to support
the team's work and the wider campus community.
- Fosters a culture of curiosity, problem-solving and
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Valid driver's license required.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, marketing,
graphic design or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years of creative experience, with experence directly
managing and mentoring an in-house creative team.
- Software expertise in graphics software, specifically Adobe
- Experience leading creative executions across a variety of
- Deep understanding of marketing and creative best practices
with a proactive approach and demonstrated ability to create and
improve processes and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several projects at once in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt complex messages into consistent, easy to
understand layouts, along with the ability to vary delivery to meet
different audience needs.
- Evidence of effective communication in visual, verbal and
- Proven experience generating positive results and outcomes
- Knowledge of brand management and stewardship as well as
developing and maintaining identity standards.
- Project management system experience.
- Over 6 years of creative experience, with at least 3 years
directly managing and mentoring an in-house creative team.
- Demonstrated leadership working on high level strategic
initiatives and developing creative concepts that support and move
- Leadership in project management software implementation and
- Extensive vendor management experience, including RFP
development and identifying freelancers for special projects or
during high capacity times.
- Demonstrated development of processes as well as ability to
adapt to change.
- Experience working in higher education.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
employees including (waiting periods apply):
health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of the
month following date of hire
403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer
contributions as well as access to advising services
long-term disability coverage
employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and
robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus Fitness
Other available benefits include:
supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for
qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
health savings accounts
529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits
Salve Regina University strives to cultivate belonging values
through diversity, equity inclusion in order to foster a welcoming
culture for our staff, faculty and students, as well as the wider
community. Salve Regina University embraces all people with grace.
No matter the path traveled to get here, the University
acknowledges that many identities will intersect. Salve Regina
belongs to all in its community.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.