Director of Institutional Research
Responsible for overseeing AACN’s data collection efforts and institutional research initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the management and oversight of all activities related to AACN’s Institutional Data Systems (IDS) annual survey including:
- Oversees database system for data collection, data security, and verification.
- Responsible for annual surveys on enrollment and graduations; faculty and dean salaries; faculty vacancies; employment prospects for new nurses; and other surveys as requested.
- Leads efforts to collect, organize, clean, validate, and analyze IDS data and ensures all reports are timely, accurate, and meaningful.
- Develops and oversees the production of customized reports using IDS data and creates customized reports to generate revenue.
- Maintains the IDS databank and assures the integrity of all IDS data.
- Oversees partnership agreements related to joint data collection efforts.
- Leads the redesign of data collection systems to ensure AACN maintains all required documentation on installation, setup, and configuration of the data collection system.
- Directs the development of Dashboards to display AACN data from annual surveys.
Creates online surveys and assists in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from research and/or evaluation projects.
Designs and conducts various types of quantitative and qualitative research, using advanced statistical analyses and methodologies.
Contributes to the development and implementation of grant and contract proposals, reports, and other efforts related to research and evaluation through writing content, preparing analysis of program performance, and providing context in terms of relevant statistics.
Incorporates IDS and publicly available data into journal articles written for peer-reviewed publications.
Manages ad hoc and standard customized report requests and produces analyses that are actionable and meaningful to support the needs of AACN membership and staff.
Conducts other research related activities and special projects as the need arises.
Other duties as assigned.
Background /Skills / Abilities Required
A doctoral degree in relevant field such as data analytics, research, statistics, and/or a related discipline is required.
At least 7 years of relevant experience in data analysis and institutional research, 3 years as a supervisor, preferably in an education association and/or higher education setting.
Advanced analytical and statistical techniques to include modeling, multivariate analyses, and predictive analytics.
Knowledge of best practices in privacy protection, sharing of data, management of data quality and integrity, and Institutional Review Board procedures.
Demonstrated experience with data collection, analysis, and dissemination of findings in professional journals, as well as a proven ability to conduct high level analysis for planning, policy development, assessment, and evaluation of activities.
Identify and analyze community level data, regional data, and publicly available datasets.
High level experience with management of large databases, SPSS, R, Google programs, and Access. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and specialized software programs. Expert in cutting edge research methodologies/technologies and data visualization.
Please click Apply Now on the AACN website to submit an employment application including a resume and cover letter.
Please note: (Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule) Position is currently a combination of in-office and remote, Ability to work onsite in DC office