Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management has an
immediate need for qualified faculty to teach in our MBA, MSF and
DBA programs in the area of Finance.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to teach in
multiple disciplines and multiple platforms, including
discussion-based classrooms. Willingness to embrace our unique
problem-based pedagogy is essential to achieve the transformational
competencies that DeVos Graduate School students accomplish during
and as a result of their program. Faculty members also serve as
Dissertation Committee Members and Chairs and must have a
commitment to the long-term success of our students.
Preference is given to those who have extensive business and
teaching experience as well as a relevant degree. Candidates must
also be comfortable teaching in multiple modalities. Experience
with Blackboard is preferred.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- A Ph.D. or DBA in a business-related discipline from a
regionally accredited institution with at least 18 hours of
graduate level credit in Finance or similar course work with
substantive additional academic or professional experience in one
of the following:
- Research Methods
- Marketing / Strategy
- Human Resources
- Experience serving as DBA/PhD Dissertation Committee chair
and/or committee member.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing graduate
- An understanding of LMS systems, especially Blackboard.
- Preference is given to those who have extensive business and
online teaching experience as well as the relevant degree.
- Candidates must also be comfortable facilitating problem-based
learning and learner-center classrooms.
Candidates who are ABD but near completion of their terminal degree
may be considered.
To be considered, applicants must provide the following:
- A completed online application form at http://www.northwood.edu/human-resources
- A cover letter explaining what locations and areas of
instruction are of interest.
- An unofficial transcript attached to the application.
Incomplete applications or applications without the appropriate
academic credentials will not be considered. If offered employment,
an official transcript will be required.
The DeVos Graduate School of Management is part of the Northwood
University system and is a highly-regarded for graduate education
in business. Further information about the DeVos Graduate School
philosophy, programs and approach can be found at https://www.northwood.edu/graduate/
If offered employment, official transcript is required.