Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management has an
immediate need for qualified faculty to teach in our DBA, MBA and
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to teach in
multiple disciplines and multiple platforms, including
discussion-based classroom meetings during the day and evening as
well as within an online learning environment. Willingness to
embrace our unique problem-based pedagogy is essential to achieve
the transformational competencies that DeVos Graduate School
students accomplish during and as a result of their program.
Faculty members also serve as Dissertation Committee Members and
Chairs and must have a commitment to the long-term success of our
- A Ph.D. or DBA in a business-related discipline from a
regionally accredited institution with at least 18 hours of
graduate level credit in Organizational Development/Behavior or
similar course work with substantive additional academic or
professional experience in:
- Research Methods
- Marketing / Strategy
- Human Resources
- Experience serving as DBA/PhD Dissertation Committee chair
and/or committee member.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing graduate
- An understanding of LMS systems, especially Blackboard.
- Preference is given to those who have extensive business and
online teaching experience as well as the relevant degree.
- Candidates must also be comfortable facilitating problem-based
learning and learner-center classrooms.
The candidate hired in this position will be a key member of our
faculty and should be comfortable in representing the graduate
school and our programming to internal and external constituents.
Fulltime faculty members have a role in advising, admissions,
assessment and mentoring adjunct faculty.
To be considered, applicants must provide the following:
- A completed online application form at http://www.northwood.edu/human-resources
- A cover letter explaining what locations and areas of
instruction are of interest.
- An unofficial transcript attached to the application.
Incomplete applications or applications without the appropriate
academic credentials will not be considered. If offered employment,
an official transcript will be required.
The DeVos Graduate School is part of the Northwood University
system and is an established and highly regarded institution of
graduate education in business. Further information about the
Graduate School philosophy, programs and approach can be found at