Dean of the Brooks College of Health Professions
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of School Dean requires an individual who can serve effectively as the Academic and Administrative Officer of the School. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine education and possess the energy and vision to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, and outreach and engagement. The Dean should present evidence of experience in leadership and the interpersonal skills and ability to build collegiality, trust and consensus among faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The School Dean should bring experience with, and commitment to:
- Developing or implementing the school’s strategic plan, and ability to inspire and connect diverse stakeholders with this shared vision
- Sound budget preparation and management
- Student recruitment, retention, and placement
- Accreditation in areas related to their respective school
- External fundraising, in coordination with the office of Alumni and Development
- Alumni relations, marketing, and public relations
- Outcomes assessment, student achievement, and professional development for faculty and staff.
In addition, the School Dean must provide the following essential duties:
- Supervise all departments within the school, including all appropriate faculty and staff
- Assess the needs and coordinate the development of instructional programs and curricula within the school
- Oversee school-specific grant proposals and administer grant funds in coordination with the Office of Alumni and Development
- Represent the school at Academic Councils
- Coordinate faculty recruitment efforts and recommend appointment of academic personnel
It is expected that a School Dean will teach three credit hours per semester.
The School Dean will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Education and/or Experience
A Masters degree is required with 2-4 years of experience in healthcare and higher education administration. Preference will be given to candidates with a masters degree in a discipline relevant to the Brooks College of Health Professons.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.