Marketing + Communication at Emporia State University seeks to fill a full-time University Photographer position. The position is eligible for comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance; 403b retirement with employer match, tuition assistance, generous paid time off and more. The schedule varies based on photography needs, so some evenings and weekends may be required.
- The focus of this position is to create quality multimedia storytelling for the university using photography that informs, entertains and engages.
- Work entails coordinating photo shoots based on project objectives; determining project goals, location and equipment needs; managing assignments for student photographers; carrying out on-location and in-studio photo shoots; editing and delivering content; maintaining, servicing and updating camera equipment as needed; and managing a digital photo archive.
- Relevant in-studio and on-location photography experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in fine arts or photography and experience in studio management and drone photography is preferred.
- The chosen candidate will demonstrate proficiency in portrait, event and athletic photography, digital asset management, photo editing and the ability to manage a photography studio.
- The candidate should be familiar with a variety of equipment, including Nikon DSLR and mirrorless cameras and Profoto lighting and be proficient using Mac computers, Adobe CC software, including Lightroom and Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and other editing software.
- Salary: $38,000-$50,000 annually based on experience commensurate with education and experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references here.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.