Everglades College Inc (Keiser/Everglades University) is seeking a Vice Chancellor of Finance.
The Vice Chancellor of Finance is responsible for ensuring the institution’s financial systems are accurate, efficient, and in accordance with professional and legal accounting guidelines. The Vice Chancellor is responsible for:
- Institutional finance and investments, both foreign and domestic
- Business management
- Facilities management
- Risk Management
Overseeing Institutional Finances and Investments:
The Vice Chancellor of Finance oversees the accounting department, risk department, purchasing department, and student financial operations department, which entails managing all institutional accounting, financial investments, insurance policies, refunds, and purchases. This includes:
- Managing, mentoring, and developing the staff
- Developing and implementing the departmental objectives, policies, procedures, methods, projects, and controls
- Directing accounting activities including maintenance of general ledgers, analysis of computer-generated data, and review of payroll records
- Reviewing reports as required by state and federal regulation, financial statements, tax returns and special financial reports, studies, and analyses.
- Working with accounting firms and investment brokers retained by the institution.
- Managing institutional bank accounts
- Developing and maintaining internal audit controls system
- Directing the online and campus-based retail outlets
- Assessing institutional risk and managing insurance
- Managing leasing contracts (business equipment)
- Managing and maintaining corporate registrations and licenses
- Managing collections from student drops and graduates
- Overseeing monthly and annual reporting
- Overseeing inventory management
Managing the Institution’s Business Entities:
The Vice Chancellor of Finance is responsible for managing the institution’s various business entities. This requires:
- Managing all vehicles and transportation
Managing the Institution’s Facilities:
The Vice Chancellor of Finance is responsible for managing the institution’s various facilities. This requires:
- Managing leasing agreements
- Reviewing contracts
- Managing lease/hold improvements
- Working with developers on buildouts and improvements
Education, Experience, and Training:
- The Vice Chancellor of Finance is the chief financial officer of the institution. The Vice Chancellor is responsible for ensuring accurate, efficient, high-quality accounting and financial service. The Vice Chancellor should, at a minimum, hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least 10 years of relevant in accounting and financial management. Executive management experience is strongly preferred. Great Plains and UKG experience a plus. This role is on site at the Office of the Chancellor in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.