The Business Essentials Unit in the School of Business at Virginia
Commonwealth University is recruiting a pool of applicants for
adjunct faculty positions for the 2023-2024 academic year. Should
funding for such adjunct teaching positions become available, the
Undergraduate Studies Office will contact persons in the pool whose
credentials match our teaching needs. This pool will be accessed
only when an opening arises. This posting will remain active until
June 30, 2024.
After June 30, 2024, you will need to reapply to the updated
posting if you would like to remain in the adjunct pool. Note that
we are unable to hire applicants who are not already in the
We seek candidates for the adjunct instructor position to teach in
person, hybrid, and/or online sections of BUSN 212: Business
Problem Solving and Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an Adjunct Instructor in the Business Essentials Unit in the
School of Business, you will help support the School of Business
strategic plan that focuses on creativity in the curriculum.
- Instructors will be expected to hold regular, online office
- Master’s degree in business, mathematics, or closely related
- Teaching experience in higher education or high school.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in teaching and collaborating
with diverse populations.
- Ph.D. in Business, Mathematics or a closely related discipline at
the time the appointment begins.
- ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching higher education mathematics
- Experience developing and deploying successful online mathematics
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover Letter addressed to Program Manager, Carly DuPont.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume, including names, titles, and email
addresses of 3 references. (References are only contacted if an
applicant passes through the interview and teaching demonstration
- In “Other” add your Teaching Evaluations from the most recent
semesters taught (max 2 semesters).
Department: Business Essentials, Undergraduate Studies
Employment Type: Adjunct
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt