ASSOCIATE DEAN - INSTRUCTION
Kennedy-King College seeks an Associate Dean of Instruction to
provide academic leadership and management oversight of academic
and instructional faculty. This position ensures quality
instruction and assists in the enhancement and continuous
improvement of educational programs by evaluating faculty.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates full-time and part-time faculty to ensure continuity
of quality classroom instruction.
- Recommends enhancement, retention or non-retention. Provides
written and verbal feedback on instructional quality according to
Board/Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Coordinates and directs the evaluation, review, and
implementation of innovative curriculum additions and
- Reviews course outlines and syllabi and offers feedback and
- Assists the VP and Dean of Instruction in the tenure and
- Assists with comprehensive orientation programs for full-time
and part-time faculty.
- Works with the Office of Research to plan and conduct
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies
and participates on districtwide committees.
- Serves as weekend and/or evening administrator for the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Direct Supervision: Clerical Support Staff: Professional
- Indirect Supervision: Full-time Faculty: Part-time Faculty
- Completion of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or
- Minimum of two (2) years in leadership position in higher
- Training, participation and/or knowledge of higher education
accreditation procedures, articulation process, assessment and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in
one’s work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that
fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated
environment that fosters innovation within a learning
- Demonstrated ability to resolve student complaints and
recommend appropriate procedures for resolution.
- Experience working in a community college and instructional
experience are highly preferred.
- Experience organizing or serving as a part of a self-study
process (credit or occupational) are highly desirable.
- Experience with writing measurable student learning outcomes,
creating appropriate syllabi, and participating in course- and
Excellent benefits at a low cost; investment plans
403(b) & 457(b); SURS retirement plan; generous vacation,
holidays, personal & sick days plus tuition reimbursement. For
a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit our benefits
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
six months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago!