At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive.
The Department of Psychology in the College of Humanities and
Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University invites applications
for adjunct positions (non-tenure track) teaching Psychology
courses for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Position responsibilities include:
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Submit final grades according to College/Department policy.
Your application will remain active for one year; you may resubmit
your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. NOTE: This is a part-time,
non-benefited faculty position. Adjunct contracts are for one
- Master’s degree in Psychology, or a related field, with
experience in teaching and instruction.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in Psychology, or a related
discipline or directly related to the position.
- Previous experience teaching Psychology courses at VCU.
Candidates must apply online. Please include a Curriculum Vitae
(CV) and contact information for at least two professional
Starting at $1,352 per credit hour
Employment Type: AJ - Adjunct
Restricted Status: No