Job Title: Recruiter, SACE Admissions
Reports to: Assistant Director, SACE Admissions
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt
Lincoln University’s School of Adult and Continuing Education (SACE) Office of Admissions Recruiter will be responsible to plan and implement recruitment outreach for adult learners and graduate students. The Recruiter will represent Lincoln University at recruitment events. The Recruiter will work collaboratively as a team and individually to build partnerships with community organizations, educators, and other educational institutions as well as individual students and community members. The Recruiter will actively engage prospective students on relevant programs and co-curricular opportunities, guiding them through the admissions and enrollment process. The Recruiter will plan and attend recruiting and admissions-support events on-site, off-site, and virtually. The ideal candidate will have a positive and outgoing attitude, be results-driven, and have a high level of independence, follow-through, and initiative.
- Engage in recruiting initiatives and follow-up with prospective students to meet application and enrollment goals,
- Manage planning and follow-up of recruitment activities for the assigned academic areas;
- Serve as a representative of Lincoln University, SACE at college fairs, community college visits, and community-based organizations;
- Review applications for admissions;
- Plan, develop, and implement outreach and recruitment activities;
- Meet with and advise prospective students about the admissions process during the various enrollment cycles (prospect, applicant, admitted not confirmed);
- Initiate outreach via phone, text, and email and respond to requests for information about application status and other information essential to the college selection and admission processes;
- Collaborate with faculty and essential enrollment offices to enhance recruitment;
- Assist with general recruitment and admissions office duties;
- Participate in SACE Admissions office training, meetings, and events as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in higher education, preferably admissions/enrollment
- Proficiency in using various forms of technology and computer programs, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat Pro, Canva, and Google Docs
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and with a team
- Excellent human relations and administrative skills, especially the ability to manage sensitive information with decorum and confidentiality
- Superior writing, communication, and time management skills
- Highly organized
- Valid driver’s license, and reliable vehicle for travel
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends as needed
Preferred Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Knowledge of Lincoln University School of Adult and Continuing Education programs
- Knowledge of Ellucian CRM Recruit and Colleague
Moderate lifting up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend, reach and sustain long periods of sitting or standing.
Work is primarily performed in a university campus environment and requires a flexible schedule including virtual, evening and weekend work. Working off-site as needed to participate in college presentations and/or admissions-related events when required.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.