Alfred University invites candidates to apply for the position of
Assistant Director/Nurse Practitioner. The successful candidate
will assist the Director of the Wellness Center and other
appropriate administrators in the management of one or more aspects
of healthcare/counseling services related to Alfred University
Wellness Center and/or function. They will provide health care to
students independently and in collaboration with the Director of
the Wellness Center, and provide health education and preventative
care to individuals and groups.
- Assist the Director of Wellness or collaboration in issues
related to the Wellness Center.
- In the absence of the Director of Wellness, provide support and
direction to the nursing and counseling staff.
- In the absence of the Director of Wellness, assist with
timecards, staff meetings, attend Director meeting and Emergency
- Understands supports and participates in the Wellness quality
management and improvement program.
- Performs medical and diagnostic treatment activities within the
scope of practice guidelines.
- Provide direct assessment and management of student care for
weakness and routine healthcare issues, order and interpret
laboratory test, order other diagnostics and medications as
appropriate within established protocols.
- Consult collaborating physician/or Director of Wellness Center
regarding medical questions involving abnormal conditions and or
other medical problems not covered by protocols.
- Participate in specialty clinics and outreach programs.
- Promote wellness and help individuals with their health
concerns either in person or by phone.
- Maintain complete, accurate, EMR records of all examinations,
treatments, prescriptions, and counseling of students.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures in
conjunction with recognized standards and guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Submit regular reports as requested by the Director of the
- Serves as advocate and mentor to staff of the Wellness
- Supports the Alfred University Wellness Center interest in
diversity, cultural competency, wellness, and team
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following key
functions: occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching high
and low levels, lifting, carrying, pushing, frequent standing,
walking, sitting, finger movement, feeling with hands, and use of
depth perception. Constant clear speaking, conversational and high
acuity, hearing, seeing near and far, and use of color vision are
Minimal physical discomforts due to temperature variation noise or
dust. Maybe exposed to infections or contagious disease. May
sustain injury due to an irritation of student.
Frequent calculating, interrupted work, a variety of interrelated
and unrelated tasks, and use of sustained concentration required.
Constant use of reasoning, judgement, resourcefulness, analytical
ability, tact, and ingenuity are essential characteristics.
- Current NP with at least four years of experience in Adult and
Adolescent Medicine and Women’s Health, college health experience
- Must have NPI and DEA numbers.
- Ordering and interpreting labs and EKG’s
- Ability to work Independently.
- Familiar with CLIA Waivered Lab testing and lab oversight
- CPR and AED certification
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.