Compensation Type: Salaried
The Hospitality Coordinator is essential in the operational aspect
of the retail outlets in Mitchell Hall. As a station expert, the
Hospitality Coordinator supports secondary instruction to students
who are placed in an experiential learning environment, and works
closely with hospitality students in the areas of serving,
hosting, dining room set-up and operation, customer service, and
point-of-sale operations. The Hospitality Coordinator is
responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and correcting students in
their learning experience, ensuring students utilize acquired
skills in a practical setting. The Hospitality Coordinator will
provide regular feedback to the hospitality faculty and department
Chair, in both formal and informal meetings, to communicate
progress in meeting student learning outcomes.
- Monitor every form of service that is being rendered to
customers within the restaurant/establishment, attend to or
addresses all customer issues, and maintain customer satisfaction
at all times.
- Greet and usher in customers to the dining area and introduce
(or explain if the need arises) all menus.
- Adhere to the restaurant’s/establishment’s operation and/or
service standards, make sure that a clean and healthy dining area
is maintained at all times, and comply with nutrition and
sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Oversee inventory of all dining room products and make sure
items are stocked as necessary.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Train, guide, and support hospitality students that are
assigned to the dining room or café.
- Evaluate student performance and communicate with faculty as
- Provide guidance and enforce the hospitality departments
mission, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the station expert and engage students in a
participatory instructional style as part of the experimental
- Lead and monitor students in the reception area, dining room,
café, bar, service station, event center and dish tank.
- Provide hands-on real time instruction and feed back to
- Complete student evaluations in a timely manner.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – Ongoing
- Completes student evaluations as outlined by department
- Attends all required meetings to provide feedback on student
learning outcome goals.
- Attends all required trainings and workshops.
- Communicates frequently with the faculty, department chair, and
retail operations staff on the needs of students as they fulfill
their learning requirements.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibility in
identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while
reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and productive work
and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and
college employees feel valued and able to contribute to their full
potential, regardless of their differences.
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
Full Time/Part Time:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Two (2) years hands-on experience in the food industry, or a
- An appropriate combination of education, training, coursework
and experience may qualify a candidate.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s).
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community
College, please l og in to Workday to use the internal application
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available
when starting the application process. For all faculty positions
(Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will
need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when
completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update
(if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will
transfer to your application.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State
Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated
information on the status of your application can be found by
visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted
applications by logging in and reviewing your status.